The Cavaliers 2023

12 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I have some horrible news.... I understand that it's not related to DCI..... but if I'm not completely focused on The Cavaliers this weekend this is why.

If yall remember my posts during Hurricane Harvey, there was a lady that was basically my second mother... she needed help getting out of her apartment as the water started to heavily rise. I swam and did what I could to help her and others in my apartment complex... keep in mind that I have known them for practically my entire life....

She just passed away a couple of hours ago. I don't even know exactly what happened.... but we have chosen the corps song to be played at the funeral. We mean no disrespect... when I moved back to Houston about 10 years ago she provided a roof over my head, listened to me, loved the fact that I'm obsessed with the greatest corps in the planet, and encouraged me to keep fighting for what I love. 

I know she is flying over us.... and I know for a fact she is going to cheer for The Cavaliers this weekend. 

C'mon men! We have to finish extremely strong this Saturday! NO FEAR CAVALIERS!

So sorry for your loss

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cavidad said:

Will be at rehearsal tonight weather permitting. See you Green Machine fans around Indy. Thoughts and prayers out to Hook'em. 

Go Cavaliers!

At the airport now. Flying in from Phoenix. Might hit rehearsal tonight or the state fair. 

6 hours ago, Cavidad said:

Will be at rehearsal tonight weather permitting. See you Green Machine fans around Indy. Thoughts and prayers out to Hook'em. 

Go Cavaliers!

Yeah, the weather is rainy in Bloomington, so I'm sure if I will drive North to their practice site if it rains.

Last night they ran and tweaked the first 2/3rds of the show and I assume today they'll continue cleaning and layering.

23 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I have some horrible news.... I understand that it's not related to DCI..... but if I'm not completely focused on The Cavaliers this weekend this is why.

If yall remember my posts during Hurricane Harvey, there was a lady that was basically my second mother... she needed help getting out of her apartment as the water started to heavily rise. I swam and did what I could to help her and others in my apartment complex... keep in mind that I have known them for practically my entire life....

She just passed away a couple of hours ago. I don't even know exactly what happened.... but we have chosen the corps song to be played at the funeral. We mean no disrespect... when I moved back to Houston about 10 years ago she provided a roof over my head, listened to me, loved the fact that I'm obsessed with the greatest corps in the planet, and encouraged me to keep fighting for what I love. 

I know she is flying over us.... and I know for a fact she is going to cheer for The Cavaliers this weekend. 

C'mon men! We have to finish extremely strong this Saturday! NO FEAR CAVALIERS!

Just reading this.

Man, my heart goes out to you!  Rough times.  I'll be cheering they have the run of a lifetime as you honor her memory!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

How did they look as a whole?

Very solid run overall.

Seemed like there were some mild issues with the soloists, maybe some mic issues, and some mild front to back stuff early in the show, but it got sorted fast. Might not even notice it if you haven't watched this show that much.

Definitely their best show run so far this season, and I'm sure they'll kill it at semis and finals.

• Thanks 1