Madison Scouts 2023

5 minutes ago, Rudy18 said:

So it’s fine to dump on Scouts for choosing to do their closer standstill at their preview, but no one bats an eye when Crown omits their whole closer from their preview show?

Agree. In addition to that The Cadets did not march their last 2 songs. Blue Devils did not march their closer at their Wyoming show. Bluecoats have not premiered their show yet. This whole argument is irritating because the last time I checked the season has not started for those corps. First show was tonight but none of those corps were there. Come the first show if Madison has their closer on the field then cool. That's all that matters. It's not how fast you get there, it's that you get there by the start of the season and in a manner that is best for the members as they learn the show. 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Rudy18 said:

So it’s fine to dump on Scouts for choosing to do their closer standstill at their preview, but no one bats an eye when Crown omits their whole closer from their preview show?

It’s not about their closer. They clearly aren’t prepared from the first note to the last.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

Agree. In addition to that The Cadets did not march their last 2 songs. Blue Devils did not march their closer at their Wyoming show. Bluecoats have not premiered their show yet. This whole argument is irritating because the last time I checked the season has not started for those corps. First show was tonight but none of those corps were there. Come the first show if Madison has their closer on the field then cool. That's all that matters. It's not how fast you get there, it's that you get there by the start of the season and in a manner that is best for the members as they learn the show. 

It’s not about the closer. It’s about the whole show. Not only is the design not going to allow them to compete with the likes of the corps that beat them last year (and Spirit of Atlanta) they just look unprepared, especially the colorguard. They are most likely not making the top 15 this year. What a disappointment. Again.

Edited by DudleytheWest
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Gantang said:

By July? Then drum corp has gone is the wrong direction. They should be putting out clean shows so that the ticket buyers are getting their money's worth. To be struggling to march the whole show this late is sad.

I agree 100%. It is unacceptable to not have a completed show by July 1 and DCI should set this expectation and reduce the show payout for an incomplete show. It's just ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, DudleytheWest said:

Mason left after 2014, so this administration has had ample opportunities. 2023 is another failure. Way to start the season with a show that has no chance of making finals. This design team has no clue what they are doing.

Again, this current Madison regime is the least successful in the history of the Scouts and should have been replaced years ago. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Rudy18 said:

Oh - I will be batting an eye.  No excuse for incomplete shows.  75% of show on field should get a 75% score.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DudleytheWest said:

Correct, but they haven’t had the right people since 2014, yet the BOD have no balls, and they have all these excuse-making supporters that find barely beating a Cadet corps acceptable. Such a shame. Stewart missed finals once and was gone. I just don’t get it. 

I know I’m being jerky, but be be frank I am just really ###### off that this administration has been allowed to ruin this once great corps.

Dudley, you are 100% spot on correct. This BOD has rewarded failure for many years, and it is very sad. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DudleytheWest said:

Correct, but they haven’t had the right people since 2014, yet the BOD have no balls, and they have all these excuse-making supporters that find barely beating a Cadet corps acceptable. Such a shame. Stewart missed finals once and was gone. I just don’t get it. 

I know I’m being jerky, but be be frank I am just really ###### off that this administration has been allowed to ruin this once great corps.

Let’s be real.  Had Scott stayed the corps would be doing exhibitions for piggly wiggly or worse, not existing.  His views were a one sided idea that everything about this activity was going poorly and that his ideas were the only way to preserve it.   

Sitting on the steps of school in the early 00’s and hearing him dismiss much of the activity, you needed to take him with a grain of salt or you’d have the same toxic mindset.  There was a point when you couldn’t hear much good from him about everything else on the field, when he needed to take a step back and look at his own choices for the corps. 

I love the guy, but his ideals were not going to be good long term. 

• Like 5