Madison Scouts 2023

8 minutes ago, Gantang said:

Hey, look at the bright side. In theory, Madison will improve to 14th by default.

SCV is out, so that opens the door for Madison to soar! From what I saw at DOP, this is not a season that will lead to surprises, as happened twenty years ago. The kids are working as hard as they can, and I applaud them for that, but a stock 4-cylinder engine works really hard yet loses to a stock HEMI every time.

Talent matters. Show design matters. Good techs matter. BUT, the thing that matters most is the ability of a leader to admit they're wrong and to pivot in a different direction as needed.

Pacific Crest, Academy, and Music City may have something to say about 12-15 place as well.  

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, TenHut said:

Is there a thread for the July 1 Madison Drums on Parade show? I was surprised I could not find one. 

It wasn’t on Flo. 

5 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Pacific Crest, Academy, and Music City may have something to say about 12-15 place as well.  

You get no argument from me, but this thread is specific to Madison. With such a short season, we'll have our answer soon! 

2 hours ago, TenHut said:

Is there a thread for the July 1 Madison Drums on Parade show? I was surprised I could not find one. 

That's illustrative of the non-presence of the Madison Scouts in Madison. 

3 hours ago, Gantang said:

. . . or perhaps it’s illustrative of the fact that those of us in Madison elected to enjoy the show rather than engage in DCP vitriol.  

33 minutes ago, msesq said:

. . . or perhaps it’s illustrative of the fact that those of us in Madison elected to enjoy the show rather than engage in DCP vitriol.  

It's just odd because usually every show gets its own thread.

33 minutes ago, msesq said:

It isn't vitriol but rather reality. This regime should have been long gone years ago. 

saw the show tonight...i liked it. ahead of this time last year. but that people expect an instant turnaround amazes me. the organization had a long slide down, and as that happened the competition got better and deeper. adding the women wasn't a realistic fix, staff turnover wasn't going to produce instant results...the team in place last year and this year seems to be building incrementally, and that's the best way.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Gantang said:

Everyone was at the tailgate having a blast. 

• Like 1