Madison Scouts 2023

3 hours ago, msesq said:

. . . or perhaps it’s illustrative of the fact that those of us in Madison elected to enjoy the show rather than engage in DCP vitriol.  

Vitriol? You must be one of those who believes that people shouldn't voice their opinions.

Not everyone on DCP lives in Madison. All the other shows have threads. Did no one attend those shows? Can I say that Madison took last in another show now that Pioneer is no longer alive, or is that vitriolic??? 

7 hours ago, Gantang said:

Vitriol? You must be one of those who believes that people shouldn't voice their opinions.

Not everyone on DCP lives in Madison. All the other shows have threads. Did no one attend those shows? Can I say that Madison took last in another show now that Pioneer is no longer alive, or is that vitriolic??? 

Did I say that your specific comment was vitriolic?  No. 

Edited by msesq

8 hours ago, msesq said:

Did I say that your specific comment was vitriolic?  No. 

You certainly implied it by speaking to it in your Reply to me. 

On 6/11/2023 at 2:10 PM, lowend said:

I see it kind of like the college football landscape.  So many schools fired good coaches trying to keep up with Nick Saban and then found themselves worse off.  Going 9-3 every year is a heck of a lot better thank taking a chance on the "next big name" that turns out to be a dud.  If you change leadership, who do you realistically get that's better?  Who can you afford - admin, designers, techs - that will let you still be around in future seasons?

Any of the seven dwarfs could do a better job managing the organization. Are you saying the Scouts should not make a change in management because there is no one who's better that the Scouts could recruit? The Scouts have limited options recruiting talent because of their management. 

32 minutes ago, madisonsmiley said:

Any of the seven dwarfs could do a better job managing the organization. Are you saying the Scouts should not make a change in management because there is no one who's better that the Scouts could recruit? The Scouts have limited options recruiting talent because of their management. 

I dunno man. Doc probably could. But Dopey and probably Sneezy?  Nah. 

You seem to be aiming for Grumpy. Definitely not Happy or Bashful. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Gantang said:

You certainly implied it by speaking to it in your Reply to me. 

Not intended.   There are plenty of other posts in this thread that fit the definition.

• Like 1

I just want to say to the Madison Scouts that I enjoy the show this year. There is a lot of talent in this corps. Keep cleaning and working hard. I know the designers will continue to craft this show into something entertaining and competitive as the season continues. I really like the music book. Both percussion and brass clearly have talent and are playing a  tough and entertaining book. I know the guard will be there as they continue to learn more of the show. Keep pushing, Madison! 

• Like 6

Im very bored and tuned into high cam.  The opener of the show pretty much says ignore the guard.  Corps is like all side 2 and guard is side one almost touching the endzone.  I guess its more marching bandy to me than integrated drum corps sets.  Doesnt that also give guard more demand if its in smaller windows compared to open fields?

^^^^^

Cough, cough, cough....