Madison Scouts 2023

21 minutes ago, JohnZ said:

Okay, now this discussion will return to some civility and about Madison 2023. 

capische?

^^^ THIS ^^^

3 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I want to see a run without the ball and see if it really adds anything.  

Or they could put more balls in and do this theme.

Personally, I like the ball, but yeah they don't really do enough with it to draw it into the show.

They should go all in on the Black Hole Sun and have corps and guard movement around it 'lean in' and/or accelerate toward it when moving to it, reach away from it while being 'sucked in' when near it, etc.  

Someone suggested pulling fabric from it at the end, and this would work too. Get metallic fabrics in the shades it's in and pull them out for dramatic effect as the Black Hole Sun goes 'nova' or some such at the end.  

As it reads now... "It's a neat looking ball." 

24 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Or they could put more balls in and do this theme.

Personally, I like the ball, but yeah they don't really do enough with it to draw it into the show.

They should go all in on the Black Hole Sun and have corps and guard movement around it 'lean in' and/or accelerate toward it when moving to it, reach away from it while being 'sucked in' when near it, etc.  

Someone suggested pulling fabric from it at the end, and this would work too. Get metallic fabrics in the shades it's in and pull them out for dramatic effect as the Black Hole Sun goes 'nova' or some such at the end.  

As it reads now... "It's a neat looking ball." 

Exactly.  As an observer its just something to look at and from the audience they probably cant tell what it is.  And its been said a couple times they lean more into "black hole sun" show compared to soundgarden show.

The ball to me seems like it's just there so they have a prop. It's kind of clumbsy and ackward to me. Maybe they will do something more with it soon. 

The music of this show is great. Thanks to the great Borma. 

I feel the visual and GE will keep them 16th or 17th at finals.

I would love to see Madison Scout lean into their past, but with a forward-looking twist.

Not sure how to describe it, but think of the male and female leads from Hunger Games.  That kind of imagery. I think it would work so well.

Strength, vigor, swagger, gusto, pride - all words that I associate with Madison Scouts have no gender limitations. In fact, I think being co-ed presented a great way to further drive-home all of the things so many people love about Madison.

From what I have seen, Madison looks, by far, the youngest they have ever looked. I'm getting older, so maybe that is part of it, but when they are next to other corps, it is very, very apparent.  

18 minutes ago, GetOFFmyDot said:

I would love to see Madison Scout lean into their past, but with a forward-looking twist.

Not sure how to describe it, but think of the male and female leads from Hunger Games.  That kind of imagery. I think it would work so well.

Strength, vigor, swagger, gusto, pride - all words that I associate with Madison Scouts have no gender limitations. In fact, I think being co-ed presented a great way to further drive-home all of the things so many people love about Madison.

From what I have seen, Madison looks, by far, the youngest they have ever looked. I'm getting older, so maybe that is part of it, but when they are next to other corps, it is very, very apparent.  

That was cavies last year

2 hours ago, Cainan said:

It was long past time for the Madison Scouts to join the modern world and add girls and I think its long past due that the Cavaliers do the same. Drum corps is supposed to be a welcoming and inclusive environment and that includes ALL regardless of gender, sexual orientation etc etc...

This year they are in contention for a finalist spot so it really isn't all doom and gloom....

Unless you hate ovaries that is...

Three really inane comments. There is no need to add girls for drum corps to be inclusive. In fact, sometimes exclusivity is a good thing. A particular bonding happens when males spend nearly every waking hour together. Since you're from the UK, you may not "get" American men.

They ARE NOT in contention for a Saturday night gig. They are slipping, and those in their rearview mirror are closer than they appear. 

It's not about ovaries. It's about a long tradition that changed the lives of countless boys and turned them into productive and successful men. Old ideas aren't all bad, and new ideas aren't all good. Letting all of the immigrants into the UK seemed like a "good" thing because you'all were being inclusive, but the No-Go Zones and rise in crime show that it was a short-sighted decision. Adding girls was supposed to fix all of madison's competitive woes, but the shortsighted idea has been more destructive than constructive. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 5