14. Blue Stars
15. Madison Scouts
16. Crossmen 

13 Blue Knights 80.138
14 Crossmen 78.125
15 The Academy 77.438
16 Madison Scouts 77.175
17 Spirit of Atlanta 76.300

Not much has changed except for Blue Stars and Blue Knights...hmmm, rebranding to Blue Scouts may be what it takes to get Madison moving up!

But for SCV and SCV Cadets not competing this year and BD B not going to Indy...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, corps8294 said:

Well, the two corps are only a hop, skip, and a jump away on I-90. 
However, Blue Scouts? Let's leave both corps as separate. They both have their own issues without combining them. :laugh:

An incredibly unpopular “hot take” but perhaps its time to bring  back Capital Sound and transition to that (or another) name/organization.  80 years was a wonderful run but it just feels like whatever equity of excellence and history disappears more and more each year.   Pay off creditors/ debts through a restructuring bky and start over.  If Madison can’t come back then perhaps then it was not meant to be.  Either way, limping along in name only is not a worthwhile existence.  I’m sure  there would be those who say "would you not at least want to have Madison even as a 16th Pl., CORPS around versus no Madison at all?" My answer is a resounding no if it does not appear to have an upward trend to at least becoming relevant. If all they are going to be is what they are now, this is no different than any other middling organization, my answer is no. I’m sure this will probably anger a good many folks but I suspect I may not be alone in that viewpoint. 

Edited by scout9193
  • Confused 2

I feel for the marching members. They deserve so much better than what they were given by the failed board of directors and executive director. 16th place. Without SCV, or it would be 17th. Four years in a row not making finals (leaving out 2020 and 2021 as they were non competition years).  Literally the only thing the borg can say at this point is that at least they haven’t folded. Still blaming Scott Stewart?  He’s been gone 21 years. Pretty much same as Gail Royer. Is it Gail’s fault that SCV couldn’t balance their books this year?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

I feel for the marching members. They deserve so much better than what they were given by the failed board of directors and executive director. 16th place. Without SCV, or it would be 17th. Four years in a row not making finals (leaving out 2020 and 2021 as they were non competition years).  Literally the only thing the borg can say at this point is that at least they haven’t folded. Still blaming Scott Stewart?  He’s been gone 21 years. Pretty much same as Gail Royer. Is it Gail’s fault that SCV couldn’t balance their books this year?

I agree with what you said 100%.  I watched with enthusiasm The Sound Garden last night on FloMarching.  But very soon after the show started my enthusiasm turned to WT@?   Scouts are very young and I don't want to put any one section down, but visually the show just struck a cord and not in a good way.  Best of luck to them, but 16th was where I had them placed.  There is a world of difference from 8th place to Madison - it's not even close and if you think so, you need to watch the takes again.  Who's to blame?  I thought the kids worked as hard as they could.  But year after year (really since the "Heart and Soul" show) the members are given a turd.  I once was member of the Madison board, we never had issues like this.  I thank Chris and the board for getting the corps out of the red.  But it's time for a change.  Ego's set aside.  Someone please get on the phone and call Pat Seidling and offer him the Executive DIrector job!  Do this before it's too late, if not Madison will take their place beside, 27th Lancers, Glassman, Velvet Knights, Bridgemen, Freelancers ... you get the idea.  

• Like 1

They will be 17th at worlds. Absolutely. There is a better chance Music City will beat them than Spirit won't. There is no way they will be in front of Spirit at worlds. No way.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TenHut said:

For the love of God and drum corp, fire this failed regime. How long is this allowed to continue? What do these failed leaders performance appraisals look like? 

I only wish Blue Devils B and Vanguard Cadets were going to be there this year. I would be 100000000000% rooting for them to beat Madison. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

I only wish Blue Devils B and Vanguard Cadets were going to be there this year. I would be 100000000000% rooting for them to beat Madison. 

I wouldn’t do that. I just wish they would pull off the band aid, flush this failed leadership team and rebuild it. Going coed was going to double the talent pool so of course they’re gonna get better !!  Remember that one?  I don’t care about coed, it’s just that this raison d’etere being sold on everyone turned out to be another load of BS. It’s like everything this regime has done has been a failure. So sad. 

If you couldn’t get Pat Seidling who would you want as a director?