Bluecoats 2023

2 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I’m sure I don’t need to caution you to be discrete about what you report. Bloo loves the element of surprise.

My daughter is in BCCG, so I very much respect their secrecy. I will use generalities, nothing show specific. In other words, no spoilers. 

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Maleguena1988 said:

Ok, so here is what I saw/heard…this was based upon a single run through to what they have one the field, plus a lot the smaller reps. No spoilers, only opinions  

Bigger, Louder, Faster, Higher: Anyone who is only familiar with 2022 Bluecoats performance and repertoire will not recognize much of the 2023 version. Brass Ensemble is WAY louder, and are beginning to find their “voice” as a group. Percussion/pit is on fire already, and guard has switched from being dance-centric to weapons-forward. Talent level of this group, as a whole, seems to be many notches higher than last year. Show difficulty is extremely high. Opener visually reminds me of how I felt in opener of 2016, when I could not focus on just one thing, because there was so much to experience. Brass sound has an intensity, a weight to it that has not been there since pre-covid. This is one focused group of individuals that will rock and shock the DCI fan base once they see what Bloo has be up to these last 30 days. This is a “big venue” show, necessitating a swiveling head. I feel like there is a singular goal in mind with this corps (as every year, in principle), and they have the vehicle to achieve it. Traditional Bluecoats formulas are implemented in this show, which I think will please most of the fans.

In summary, I loved 2022 Bloo because they squeezed every ounce out of that show, and achieved and competed and closed out at an incredibly high level. I think 2023 Bloo has a show that they  won’t need to squeeze so hard for it to “blossom”, and they can come out of the gate blasting away. I really can’t wait to talk to you all about first blush when you get to see it. 

👀👀👀👀👀

• Like 1

I’m very excited based on what I know.  

Sure there will be the expected uproar over the uniforms based on an up close shot not like they’re intended to be seen (from the stands) and everyone will forget once they see the whole product.   

Should be amazing.  

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Sure there will be the expected uproar over the uniforms based on an up close shot not like they’re intended to be seen (from the stands) and everyone will forget once they see the whole product.   

Should be amazing.  

💯. Very excited here too

• Like 1

Been hearing a lot about this whole, "The uniforms will start conversations" thing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrumManTx said:

Should be amazing.  

Saw a comment about the unis online somewhere and I can’t wait. 😈 

• Like 1