Bluecoats 2023

I said this after Denton and BA … the main message the recaps are telling me is CLEAN! 

Bloo has a nice rehearsal block of days this week. Cleaning should be the main focus, but I bet there will be a new ending in the works as well.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

this show needs a new ending big time. i like the current ending but i dont think it is enough to push to second. i hope the next few rehearsals helps a lot. 

• Like 1

On 7/21/2023 at 2:12 PM, Big Bird said:

Interested to see how the show develops after San Antonio.

I think everyone is in agreement that the ending will be changed but I’m also eager to see the small changes that will inevitably go in.

For whatever reason, judges are not rewarding them for content. Not sure why. Maybe it just needs to be cleaned first much like last year.

I still view this show as the only true challenger to BD. As long as they continue to clean and show growth, it will peak at the right time. The captions they’re losing right now are all individual performance captions which leads me to think that cleaning alone will launch them to 2nd.

I wonder if the trombone segment is seen as a bit of a one trick pony. It’s totally unique and interesting but is it worth the amount of time it takes up in the show?

• Confused 2

9 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

So last year we were 2.275 in back of BD after SA

Tonight we are 1.65 

Last year we were .8 down from Boston

Tonight we are .65

Last year we were .525 down from Crown

Tonight we are up .3537

What does this all mean?  It means CROWN makes MATH hard!!!

Great job Bloo guard!!!

But BD set a record score for the San Antonio event. This could be a replay of Filliniesque in which BD is just too far ahead to catch.

2 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

But BD set a record score for the San Antonio event. This could be a replay of Filliniesque in which BD is just too far ahead to catch.

Well fortunately there is a limit to how much BD can improve over the remainder of the season.  Unfortunately that limit is 100.

Edited by oldbandguy
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

Well fortunately there is a limit to how much BD can improve over the remainder of the season.  Unfortunately that limit is 100.

Yeah. Seems this is our annual conversation.

I have gotten to the point in which I really don’t care anymore. Placements are so predictable now that arguing about it seems pointless.

I started thinking about “slotting” and “predictable outcomes”, and it brought me back to 2019, Bluecoats v. Blue Devils. My daughter was in Crossmen Color Guard that year (“Valkyrie” - love that show!), so I was watching her most of the time, but I was totally engrossed in the back and forth, especially starting in San Antonio…they never got more than .25 point for each other all the way to Indy. The race is something we will probably never see again, and it had me on the edge of my seat every night the scores were read. The most exciting race that I could remember, and no…..I am still not over the Finals announcement of “Blue……………….” Just ugh.

• Like 4