12 Days Of Drum Corps - 1987 Santa Clara Vanguard

Considering that drum corps is a summer activity, you wouldn’t expect to hear a lot of holiday music from them. Christmas tunes have made some great drum corps moments, however. Here are some of my favorites. It made sense to go with 12 performances, both because of the classic song “The 12 Days Of Christmas” and because DCI Finals features 12 corps.

Link

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kevingamin said:

Considering that drum corps is a summer activity, you wouldn’t expect to hear a lot of holiday music from them. Christmas tunes have made some great drum corps moments, however. Here are some of my favorites. It made sense to go with 12 performances, both because of the classic song “The 12 Days Of Christmas” and because DCI Finals features 12 corps.

Link

Oops; just noticed your "link".  😁

This & the '99 Canyon were two of my favorites. 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

• 11 months later...

Christmas BUMP

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, kevingamin said:

Christmas BUMP

On 12/18/2022 at 11:19 AM, keystone3ply said:

giphy.gif

Beautiful work, fellow alum.

Performed it as a closer in my first marching show. Guard modified the band uniforms and wore "Russian hats." Opener was Hunt for Red October and Pictures at an Exhibition. Felt fortunate to perform a few shows with SCV in 2005 before my body gave in.

TY both. 🥲

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scheherazadesghost said:

giphy.gif

Beautiful work, fellow alum.

Performed it as a closer in my first marching show. Guard modified the band uniforms and wore "Russian hats." Opener was Hunt for Red October and Pictures at an Exhibition. Felt fortunate to perform a few shows with SCV in 2005 before my body gave in.

TY both. 🥲

Sounds like you also had some ‘94 SCV influence, as they also opened with Hunt for Red October that season, while also closing with Great Gate of Kiev.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

ahhhhhh 87.

Not the only 1987 performance on my list, either.