good/bad on controversial support

45 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

You just saw it .

They noticed it was 3 or 4 folks on DCP and dismissed it as essentially a Nothingburger . 
 I have yet to see any Corps “catching crap about a donation “. 

Now I understand your point better. But I’m talking more than what gets posted on DCP. We have no idea what might go directly to a corps. And I hope for the corps sake they just don’t insult anyone by saying their concerns are a “nothing burger”

And the posts on the Crusaders 2023 thread were deleted for being off topic. We were reminded thread was for Crusaders current season only 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

41 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

And the posts on the Crusaders 2023 thread were deleted for being off topic. We were reminded thread was for Crusaders current season only 

Of course their thread is for the 2023 season. Why would anyone be interested in any Corps thread for 2024 or beyond ? The mods did not delete the comments there because the comments did not pertain to this season. The comments were deleted for reasons that had nothing at all to do with this season, nor next season. So I'm not sure what you mean, nor where you intend to go with this thread topic re. the Crusaders. There is no problem with this winning vote receipt of $50.000 that I'm aware of beyond you and a couple of others here. The winning votes money is  earmarked to now go to inner city youth residents of Boston that take percussion lessons free of charge thru Inspire Arts & Music, and where the majority of the free percussion lessons are African- American youth between the ages of 6-12.  Like I said, there is no issue here that should raise any real concern.. Its thus a nothingburger, imo. 

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

So I'm not sure what you mean, nor where you intend to go with this thread topic re. the Crusaders. 

Anyone else want to try to explain this thread wasn’t supposed to discuss the Crusaders, it was supposed to be a general topic on donations. I’ve tried a few times but either not getting through or I’m thought a liar so I give up.

There are only three or so people here bringing up the Crusaders and I ain’t one of them. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

There are only three or so people here bringing up the Crusaders and I ain’t one of them. 

Well, yes you are.. lol. You mention them above as a matter of fact. Anyway, I'm done with this thread topic other than to summarize that  1) No Corps has "gotten crap" for the source of their donations ( except maybe Star of Indiana ) that I'm aware of. 2) I dont envision in the future that any Corps will "get any crap" for who was generous to them.  Have a good evening.👍

Edited by Boss Anova

12 hours ago, craiga said:

If a nationally known company wanted to give my nonprofit organization $50,000 with absolutely no strings attached, I would take that money any day of the week, and twice on Sundays.

As long as it is a legal donation, I wouldn't care where it comes from, particularly when these funds have nothing whatsoever to do with the marching members.

true. but anyone can get outraged about anything so easily anymore.....i could say blue, you'd say red, and Hookem would say green and be mad at both of us.

• Like 2

Well guess if anyone starts a thread on “Dangers of relying too much on one income source” they’d be jumped on for attacking SCV. No sense discussing issues facing corps on here anymore….

Well everyone knows that the US is a racist nation, has been since 1619, So no corps should accept any donations from any Americans, or do any performances in the USA.  

Edited by totaleefree