I was the Board Treasure for SCV for 6 years

8 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Going way back, there was a senior corps called the Ballentine Brewers. Also a junior corps the New York Islanders, sponsored by a 7-UP location on Long Island.. Their unis were 7-UP green and orange. They wore a 7-UP patch on their shoulder and a bass drum head had the 7-UP logo, if I recall.

And Midwest had Hamms and Schmidt’s Indians. Believe same corps but different sponsors over the years. Supposedly most expensive uniforms ever.

And staying with sponsor’s Pittsburgh Rockets named after an aerospace company that changed its mind about sponsorship. Corps kept the Rockets name anyway 😆

Edited by JimF-LowBari

34 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Jim ordered a Strohs a few years ago and I said you hate yourself, don’t you?

In my bad-beer drinking days, Strohs, to me at least, was actually a cut above Bud/Miller/Coors. And Pabst Blue Ribbon was better than all of them.

Now I can barely even look at that stuff.  😅

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Sorry guys; to bring it back to topic, maybe Vanguard could seek a full corporate sponsorship from Strohs or Milwaukee's Best...  Maybe vinyl wrap the motor coaches & semis trailers?

being a youth organization i doubt it. Maybe twitter

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

I've been made aware of enough poorly handled situations at the intersection of my corps and substance use/misuse.

Can we take the beer talk elsewhere out of respect for the lives forever changed by that?

just did my best to do so.

if i were SCV, i'd ask to monitor what Boston does. since they revamped their board a few years ago, look at them