Troopers 2023

5 hours ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Congrats on popping an 80 tonight in Fort Collins! Especially impressive in the high-gravity environment of half of the to 6 in the show.

If I'm reading the schedule right, Troop will be in Canyon, TX on Monday, then won't be in competition again until San Antonio. That's 4+ days of rehearsal, and maybe a day off thrown in, i don't know. Having just matched Blue Stars in score tonight (insert disclaimer here) and a few tenths back of Cavaliers, Casper feels like it will be a real wild card at the first regional.

Also, i have a theory about the sun. It looks like, with each show, the lasso gets a little closer to the sun. At the sendoff show nithing really happened at, or to, the sun. Tonight at DATR, the lasso got lifted up on one of the trebuchets and the intent to lasso looked more serious. My theory is that the quest to lasso the sun is a season-long quest, gradually getting closer with each attempt.

Now if the trebuchet threw the rope and it actually lassoed the prop, that would be cool.  

30 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Question for someone who has seen Troopers live:

Can you actually hear the horn & harmonica duet?  On Flo I can barely hear it; wondering if there are balance issues or if it is a Flo thing.  

I had the same question watching Flo last night, but replaying this morning things sounded better. I may have just turned up the volume.

With respect to judging, is it San Antonio when penalties can start to be assessed?  I cannot help but believe that behind the scenes there has to be talk about the harmonica.  It has been questioned here as well.  The potential exists that, through tapes and critiques, they are being "encouraged" to explore other options?  "If" the judging community is being pressured from within, or externally, will San Antonio be the test?

Just musing on a Sunday morning...................

59 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Question for someone who has seen Troopers live:

Can you actually hear the horn & harmonica duet?  On Flo I can barely hear it; wondering if there are balance issues or if it is a Flo thing.  

Came through loud, clear and balanced in person in Cheyenne

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Time Will Tell said:

I don't think it can be a judge's call whether a harmonica is legal. Either it is or it isn't and if it isn't, DCI should have made that clear months ago.

Yes. And as I surmised elsewhere, there is no chance at all that the permissibility of the harmonica was not checked before the program was crafted.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/16/2023 at 6:21 AM, Daave said:

With respect to judging, is it San Antonio when penalties can start to be assessed?  I cannot help but believe that behind the scenes there has to be talk about the harmonica.  It has been questioned here as well.  The potential exists that, through tapes and critiques, they are being "encouraged" to explore other options?  "If" the judging community is being pressured from within, or externally, will San Antonio be the test?

Just musing on a Sunday morning...................

If a keytar & cello were allowed, why not a harmonica?

• Like 1