Come August Finals...any new faces?

I have some bias, as I'll be marching there. But of all the corps in that sort of range, I think BK is the most likely to reclaim a spot in finals. While our major staff changes make it difficult to predict our exact trajectory, from what I've seen firsthand of our design staff, visual staff, and brass staff, inspire a lot of confidence in me that the pitfalls we fell into last year will not be problems this year. 

• Like 6

The Blue Knights and Crossmen will, more than likely, be gunning for that 12th place spot. Madison still has a way to go before they will be contending for a finals spot, again.
Spirit is up in the air. I could see them making a run for that 12th place spot; but, they will probably end up in the 13th-15th range. It all depends on how they rebound from taking the year off. 

On 2/24/2023 at 9:28 AM, waliman4444 said:

Pacific Crest seemed to be on the verge of top twelve consideration before Covid...If they're still together I'd like to see them make finals....In 2019 their interpretation of the CHINATOWN theme, confirmed my belief that some of the best music comes from non contenders

They made some good pickups in the off season on the programming end of things. Agreed that it'd be good to see another corps that's been on the cusp of contention jump into the Saturday night mix.  Just as good or better would be going into Friday night with 5 or 6 corps who could all be believably contending for the last couple Saturday night slots.

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 4

On 2/24/2023 at 6:18 AM, OldSnareDrummer said:

I'd be delighted to see Madison, SOA or Academy back in or even an upset by River City. 

Yes! Yes!

2 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Truthfully, I'm still buzzing over the Colts and Troopers making finals last season. They were long overdue for a finals appearance and I hope they stay in the top 12.

With SCV gone, one of them will stay up

• Like 2