2023 Blue Stars

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

Bump!  Cause I've been posting more thoughts in the show threads that the corps thread.

I still love what's going on in this show and am looking forward to what developments Blue Stars have for it as we approach the "let's start making changes" part of the season!    

Why only 2 tenors in the drum line?

6 minutes ago, TenHut said:

Why only 2 tenors in the drum line?

I think they had an injury/illness thing going on.  Someone mentioned why in one of the show threads.   Someone mentioned concussion protocol ... but I'm not sure if that was for Blue Stars or another corps.  There were a couple of lines down tenors last show there.  Seems a bad week to be a tenors player!

Edited by KVG_DC

Ah crud!  That's crushing for the two MMs.  And a challenge for the corps.  Could they find alternates that could learn the show and integrate fairly quickly?

24 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Ah crud!  That's crushing for the two MMs.  And a challenge for the corps.  Could they find alternates that could learn the show and integrate fairly quickly?

I'm sure there are always percussion people available. Would expect them to be a Cali person and you say free or reduced fees. I filled holes weeks before WGI finals by saying free. 

Yeah, it seems drum line spots never have trouble filling out.   

Someone was saying at one point some SCV vets were 'sitting out' to stay with the Rennicks for next year.  If there's anything to that, I wonder if they could be lured to reconsider. 

30 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I'm sure there are always percussion people available. Would expect them to be a Cali person and you say free or reduced fees. I filled holes weeks before WGI finals by saying free. 

Agree. With all the Cali Open Class corps seasons ending this Sunday (Minus Gold)............Blue Stars should absolutely look West to fill holes. 

I think Gold snatched up a couple of drummers from Vessel around this time last year when Vessels' tour ended. 

Edited by Chief Guns

17 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Agree. With all the Cali Open Class corps seasons ending this Sunday (Minus Gold)............Blue Stars should look absolutely look West to fill holes. 

I think Gold snatched up a couple of drummers from Vessel around this time last year when Vessels' tour ended. 

Greg Power worked with POW. You got anyone not marching just call them up. Got connections to Mapes and Grom and get a chino hills kid. I'm not worried and hope that that's part of the reason for lower scores. Balance and blend is key and it'll never happen with 2. 

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

Agree. With all the Cali Open Class corps seasons ending this Sunday (Minus Gold)............Blue Stars should absolutely look West to fill holes. 

Oh that's another avenue for talent.  Vessel and BDB have some excellent talent. 

• Like 1