2023 Blue Stars

However, that video is a missed opportunity to insert an iconic knee pop.

2 hours ago, mcjordansc said:

Has anyone posting here viewed a full run through? If so, what are your thoughts? 

If you donate $ 250 to the corps you get VIP membership and get to watch live the final run through most nights and video is kept up for several days.  Best donation I make every year.  I watched the Friday night dress rehearsal and I was impressed with where the Blue Stars are.  They had a outstanding spring training with few blocks lost due to rain and the wind was not that bad.   I have seen three corps live Phantom Regiment, Troopers (five times) and The Academy (Corps to watch in 2023).  Get your Flo Marching subscription and get ready for an outstanding 2023 season.  The hype is real.    

• Like 1

their show this year is nothing like the Blue Stars have ever done!!!!, futuristic, modern, contemporary, adult, forward and driving with unbelievable staging in motion with an avant guard feel and approach.  And those horns.... ohhhhhhhh la la, smoking!!!  This is not your traditional Blue Stars and nothing to be underestimated or taken lightly.  Must be seen live to be appreciated in its fullest!!!!!, on the edge of your seat...bet against them at your own peril. 

Edited by brians
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brians said:

their show this year is nothing like the Blue Stars have ever done!!!!, futuristic, modern, contemporary, adult, forward and driving with unbelievable staging in motion with an avant guard feel and approach.  And those horns.... ohhhhhhhh la la, smoking!!!  This is not your traditional Blue Stars and nothing to be underestimated or taken lightly.  Must be seen live to be appreciated in its fullest!!!!!, on the edge of your seat...

Thanks, Brian. Of course, since we once marched together, I know you are a first-class homer. 🙂 I look forward to seeing them in Indy again. Last summer the percussion caption was not a strength, especially early in the season. I somewhat blamed that on the staging. Has there been a step up in that area? 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, mcjordansc said:

Thanks, Brian. Of course, since we once marched together, I know you are a first-class homer. 🙂 I look forward to seeing them in Indy again. Last summer the percussion caption was not a strength, especially early in the season. I somewhat blamed that on the staging. Has there been a step up in that area? 

Greg Powers took over and has a very strong California influence working with POW and have marched Pulse. Stars percussion was best under Mapes and Grom and I have high hopes for Powers and Hernandez.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Greg Powers took over and has a very strong California influence working with POW and have marched Pulse. Stars percussion was best under Mapes and Grom and I have high hopes for Powers and Hernandez.  

I loved the snare timbre under Mapes and Grom. It had body and depth, not that dry sound of pounding out beats on a Formica countertop. Correct me if I’m wrong on the those aforementioned caption heads

1 hour ago, mcjordansc said:

yes, percussion on a whole seems to be at a much better place...   Several drum features in the show. Staging takes on a modern contemporary drill design with drums and all facets/sections of the corps....not to mention beautiful seamless transitions... should be a fun one this year!!!! 

Edited by brians
  • Like 2

I saw a few clips from some friends. 
Hot #### they are cooking. I see them doing really well this season

• Like 3