2023 Blue Stars

1 hour ago, BlueStainGlass said:

92-87 is the same thing as 90-89. They have several rehearsal days remaining on the season on top of the fact that content should always be higher. Nobody is telling BD perc to water when they are winning content but losing achievement. 

BD percussion and whether they need to get the hose out on that percussion book is actually a conversation among BD fans over in their thread. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Cellano said:

Their scores rise and fall so much between shows it’s unlike any other corps right now. How does a corps GE go up .9 then next night down.9. At the same time perc swings in the opposite direction along with brass. It’s like the judges are trying to keep them down. 

good questions 

6 hours ago, rmurrey74 said:

They don’t seem to be cleaning at the same rate as others. Maybe it’s too much demand yet again. 

I don't think their show has any more demand than the corps above them, except maybe Cavies' brass book. I just think they might be having an off year, which is fine. The top 4 are the top 4, and so many corps are doing better than last year - Phantom, Mandarins, Colts, Troopers - and unfortunately if some corps are on the rise, others will have to drop down. Yes, they are probably scoring a few points lower than they were at this time last year, but that's not such a drastic decline that people should be waving white flags. They have a great show, hopefully the MM's are having fun, and as long as they make finals again, chalk it up as a successful year. As alumni and fans, we need to not try to set too high of expectations on our corps. That's just my opinion. 

Edited by CAtenhut
  • Like 1

Lets hop in our time machine and travel back to 2008.  The Glassmen existed and were sitting in 9th place after the 2 days in allentown beating Boston and BK head to head continuously the rest of the season.  Quarters Semis Finals they placed 11th every day.  What happens this week doesnt dictate the results next week.  Those 3 days before prelims are very important.

(and it still stings to this day)

5 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Lets hop in our time machine and travel back to 2008.  The Glassmen existed and were sitting in 9th place after the 2 days in allentown beating Boston and BK head to head continuously the rest of the season.  Quarters Semis Finals they placed 11th every day.  What happens this week doesnt dictate the results next week.  Those 3 days before prelims are very important.

(and it still stings to this day)

you are right, a lot can happen in the final 2 weeks of season,,, I truly hope things go in a positive manner you are suggesting....considering the manipulation we have seen thus far

Just now, brians said:

you are right, a lot can happen in the final 2 weeks of season,,, I truly hope things go in a positive manner you are suggesting....considering the manipulation we have seen thus far

You can be negative and hate everything going on or be positive and enjoy what we have before we have to wait months again.  Im gonna go with be positive like I have all season.  Everyone complained War and Peace was to straight forward and they went a complete 180 with this years show and now people say its too confusing.  They took a risk and personally I like it.  Do I have things I wish were different? Yeah but im picky and not a judge so nobody cares what I think.  You and I both read the same messages from all the parents saying how their kids have been calling and telling them how great of an experience it is, how great the staff has been, and how much they love the show.  (also helps you say manipulation in both 😛

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

You can be negative and hate everything going on or be positive and enjoy what we have before we have to wait months again.  Im gonna go with be positive like I have all season.  Everyone complained War and Peace was to straight forward and they went a complete 180 with this years show and now people say its too confusing.  They took a risk and personally I like it.  Do I have things I wish were different? Yeah but im picky and not a judge so nobody cares what I think.  You and I both read the same messages from all the parents saying how their kids have been calling and telling them how great of an experience it is, how great the staff has been, and how much they love the show.  (also helps you say manipulation in both 😛

I love the direction the Blue Stars have taken this year; innovative, futuristic, boundary pushing artistic sound in motion.  There is no other show in artistic vison or style like it this year! unfortunately it has not been supported by the powers at be....yet!  I honesty don't think they know what to make of this show..... or are intimidated by it... especially coming from the Blue Stars!  It is hard being the tip of the plow... often taking the greatest hits and blows paving the way for others.  The manipulation began at the FIRST SHOW with a GE performance score higher then the repertoire... to be followed by wack a mole marks in sub-captions all summer. I am glad the Blue Stars continue to be one of the best marching experiences for members in all of DCI. My sincere hope is they finish strong and continue pushing boundaries on and off the field... GO BLUE STARS!!!!  FCO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by brians
  • Like 4