Pacific Crest 2023 “Goddess”

6 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

This PC show is starting to grow on me. Excited to see them live again tonight in Pasadena. 

Maybe another late season surge like Everglow in 2019?

They are making huge improvements!  They can be a 12 to 15 disruptir if they keep it up!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sensioto said:

Pacific Crest! Passed The Academy last night and Guard and Percussion is keeping them surging! Just north of a point behind the Blue Knights too. KEEP POUNDING, PC!

Excited to see if they can get the gap to BK down to a half point tonight! 

Go PC!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Excited to see if they can get the gap to BK down to a half point tonight! 

Go PC!!!!!!

They won't have a long travel day today like the last few so they should have had a longer rehearsal to clean stuff up.  I still feel they need to add something towards the end of their show to be a "wow" statement.  I like their show a lot but I think it can be passed later in the season if they don't add to it.  They have a smaller ensemble sound (when all out) than many of the others and have to somehow overcome that (they are definitely cleaner for now).

Edited by spacewill
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, spacewill said:

They won't have a long travel day today like the last few so they should have had a longer rehearsal to clean stuff up.  I still feel they need to add something towards the end of their show to be a "wow" statement.  I like their show a lot but I think it can be passed later in the season if they don't add to it.  They have a smaller ensemble sound (when all out) than many of the others and have to somehow overcome that (they are definitely cleaner for now).

It’s pretty rare for corps NOT to have built-in changes/enhancements to their show that they’ve carefully scheduled and planned out across the competitive season. It keeps the show fresh and exciting for fans, judges AND the marching members. I suspect we’ll get much more “oomph” from their ending before the season is done. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, brassboy said:

It’s pretty rare for corps NOT to have built-in changes/enhancements to their show that they’ve carefully scheduled and planned out across the competitive season. It keeps the show fresh and exciting for fans, judges AND the marching members. I suspect we’ll get much more “oomph” from their ending before the season is done. 

True and I am thinking there are items they are holding back on as they fine tune the current.  I also just have some fears with shows that lose steam and hope this isn't one of them.

• Like 1

Was it just me or (at Rose Bowl specifically) PC sounded very quiet in comparison to everyone else both times they ran through it? 

2 hours ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

Was it just me or (at Rose Bowl specifically) PC sounded very quiet in comparison to everyone else both times they ran through it? 

They don't have as big a sound as the other corps....yet.  I know they are big on tone and balance.  Hopefully as the summer goes on that focus can let them Amp up the volume and still stay in control and stay balanced across sections.  They will never compete on volume with BK and etc.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, spacewill said:

They don't have as big a sound as the other corps....yet.  I know they are big on tone and balance.  Hopefully as the summer goes on that focus can let them Amp up the volume and still stay in control and stay balanced across sections.  They will never compete on volume with BK and etc.

I am not a brass guy, but I am learning louder doesn't mean better. 

I will be the first to admit that BK is louder than the Mandarins. 

However...........(brass experts please help me out here) Mandarins sound better overall in quality, and the different tones they use. Mandarins seem to have better control. Did I say that right?

I see the same with PC. They might not be as loud, but they sound great! And they are getting better by the day!

Just now, Chief Guns said:

I am not a brass guy, but I am learning louder doesn't mean better. 

I will be the first to admit that BK is louder than the Mandarins. 

However...........(brass experts please help me out here) Mandarins sound better overall in quality, and the different tones they use. Mandarins seem to have better control. Did I say that right?

I see the same with PC. They might not be as loud, but they sound great! And they are getting better by the day!

I am somewhat of a brass guy and I agree.  Lately bands are taking blasty as good loud and are getting away with it.  I love thr ensemble sound of PC, but I do think they need a little more volume.  I don't think PC mics their ensemble yet like other corps do.

Love the volume differences with Mandarins, the sound is really coming along.  My other pet peeve is people throwing in trumpet screams just because they can and the crowd likes them.  I feel most screams destroy the ensemble sound!

• Like 1

Wow PC. That performance at Stanford was a whole new show it seemed.

• Like 3