Top 12 Predictions 2023 (No off topic discussion, please!)

1 hour ago, 90svet said:

Comical.....first note of 2023 Prelims has yet to be played, and people are already worried about 2024.

You obviously haven't been visiting the threads for Madison Scouts because those people have been discussing changes for 2024 since mid-July. Haha!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

You obviously haven't been visiting the threads for Madison Scouts because those people have been discussing changes for 2024 since mid-July. Haha!

Perhaps that's why such a previously-admired corps has tanked in the last few years.

1 hour ago, Vuitton said:

Blue Stars, while having a rough season, aren't at risk of not making finals. 

They’re a lot closer to 13 than 1 now, and that’s my point.

12 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

I find it very surprising that in 2023, a season without SCV, Blue Knights and Blue Stars are fighting to make Finals. Four years ago both were on the verge of becoming contenders for a medal. 

4 years ago, BK and BS were 7th and 8th and 4-5 pts from medaling, so I wouldn't call that contending. But yes, BK has dropped off significantly since then, and BS is having a down year after coming in 7th last year. But other corps like Phantom, Mandarins, Troopers and Colts are all having stronger years, so someone is bound to drop down the rankings.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

4 years ago, BK and BS were 7th and 8th and 4-5 pts from medaling, so I wouldn't call that contending. But yes, BK has dropped off significantly since then, and BS is having a down year after coming in 7th last year. But other corps like Phantom, Mandarins, Troopers and Colts are all having stronger years, so someone is bound to drop down the rankings.

Are the top corps getting better, or the 7-12 corps losing steam?

5 minutes ago, 90svet said:

Are the top corps getting better, or the 7-12 corps losing steam?

Considering last year was the first time 10 corps scored 90 in Finals, and that might happen again this year... without SCV... I'd say overall the top 12 is getting stronger. You can argue scores are arbitrary, but the quality of the shows this year is definitely one of the strongest in years.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

I just thought both of those corps were ready to go to the next level. The circumstances around both are very different, but also happy for Phantom, Cadets and Mandarins. All three have made significant strides up in that time frame.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

They’re a lot closer to 13 than 1 now, and that’s my point.

Yeah, a lot of corps are closer to 13th than 1st. They are at zero percent risk of not making finals. Despite their issues, their program is leaps and bounds better than any corps fighting for the #12 spot.

• Like 1