Air Quality Issues for DCI First Show and Beyond

Im an hour and a half north on ft Wayne. Air is good here and points south today. 

https://www.airnow.gov/aqi/aqi-basics/

a good site to check 

As of yesterday Canada had 480+ fires, 340+ of which were considered not under control. This will be an issue on and off all summer. 

21 hours ago, C.Holland said:

It does.  We used to warm up outside of the RCA Dome in Indy in sunny parking lots (pre Lucas oil) and then go inside the air locked blast chiller to perform. Pitch got low low low low low low low low… 

however. With the amount of people it takes to operate a venue of this size, you can’t magically open it up on a dime. You don’t know what event was just in there (just because it’s not on the calendar doesn’t mean it’s not already rented) or what sort of turnaround it takes to get a building of these sizes up and running especially if you just had something in there. 

It’s the cowboys practice facility, it’s probably a low capacity operation since the cowboys do training camp out in California still, I believe. The stadium hosts high school football games for the Frisco schools weekly later on in the hs football season, lower capacity event, it obviously is the home base for the Cowboys in the season. I don’t recall a marching contest it’s hosted, but I don’t view it as unfathomable for a DCI event to be held there, aside from maybe the logistics of it getting in the way and being prohibitive, which I’m not too knowledgeable on that of course. 

Edited by Vidal28Rdg

2 hours ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

It’s the cowboys practice facility, it’s probably a low capacity operation since the cowboys do training camp out in California still, I believe. The stadium hosts high school football games for the Frisco schools weekly later on in the hs football season, lower capacity event, it obviously is the home base for the Cowboys in the season. I don’t recall a marching contest it’s hosted, but I don’t view it as unfathomable for a DCI event to be held there, aside from maybe the logistics of it getting in the way and being prohibitive, which I’m not too knowledgeable on that of course. 

i'd imagine cost is more of an issue than logistics.