The absinthe ritual

12 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

I guess this would be the "Old Milwaukee" ritual.  Which corps would program this next year? 🤭 

"From Denver, Colorado, presenting their program Into the Coors Light... the Blue Knights!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I’ve been there, it’s fantastic. I’m a huge absinthe fan, I’ve never really understood the controversy around it especially since I’m pretty sure the hallucinogenic ingredient in it is banned in the US so it’s very different from what you get in Europe 

I think you are thinking about Pernod, which was the only absinthe type product available in the US until 2007. You can get European absinthe in the US now. I recommend St George from the UK. American wormwood absinthe is also produced. One of the better brands is called Lucid.

The hallucinogenic ingredient in absinthe is thjone which comes from wormwood. The weird part is that wormwood is in many of your vermouths and those were never banned. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

I think you are thinking about Pernod, which was the only absinthe type product available in the US until 2007. You can get European absinthe in the US now. I recommend St George from the UK. American wormwood absinthe is also produced. One of the better brands is called Lucid.

The hallucinogenic ingredient in absinthe is thjone which comes from wormwood. The weird part is that wormwood is in many of your vermouths and those were never banned. 

This is the best thread on DCP in years.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, flugelswerebugels said:

Absinthe makes Contra Fart grow fonder?

I have discovered that almost everyone likes talking about alcohol. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Sensioto said:

And the white box props are sugar cubes!? Did you see the guard members inside the straws at one point. I thought that was just fantastic. :alien:

Love the blind rifle flip toss over the straws/tubes.....or how about the guard member standing on top of one of the spoon slides, throws up her saber, slides down the spoon slide and then catch it at the bottom of the slide! 

Edited by brians
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Surprise they like drinking it more 😏

I like both 

1 hour ago, brians said:

Love the blind rifle flip toss over the straws/tubes.....or how about the guard member standing on top of one of the spoon slides, throws up her saber, slides down the spoon slide and then catch it at the bottom of the slide! 

The flags being distributed from out of the sugar cubes at one point with a spin toss down to guard members on the ground.

• Like 2