DCI Corps at the Crest - San Diego 2023

BD second half reminds me of Bloo’s second half at the start of last year … I predict  it will be great by August

• Like 7

Just now, KVG_DC said:

Sigh. Tarp is super shiny under these lights.  At least with the Flo camera angle.  As are pretty much all tarps.  Dunno if it looks any better in person.

They never do!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The set up is killing my will to stay awake...

• Like 3

Always love seeing Vienna Teng in a repertoire. I got to meet her last December in Chicago and to say it was a dream come true is an understatement. 

Plus her concert, as the kids say, "slapped."

• Like 4

Late post - Mandarins really driven this year. Powerful show concept and music. The big question is can they clean their show better than the corps they want to pass? Didn't quite happen last year but looking forward to seeing what they have learned!

Understanding the last movement will likely get some attention, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything prior to that remains exactly as it is (at least musically). There have been BD shows in the past where I had initially really enjoyed, but they've rewritten some brass parts in ways that left me confused (thinking of The Beat My Heart Skip in particular - the rewrites of the opening trumpet parts were so disappointing).

I haven't found myself enjoying a BD show to this extent in so many years. Even after one viewing they're already one of my favorites this year, and I don't find myself saying that very often. They lost me for several years, but I'm so in this year.

• Like 2

A touch of "into the light" vibes in the pre show how they have the guard and soloist interact then the corpse expands into the field

They have a nice full sound this year!

PC is back on track!  

• Like 1

Just now, KVG_DC said:

A touch of "into the light" vibes in the pre show how they have the guard and soloist interact then the corpse expands into the field

Corpse? A wee bit sleepy? 

• Haha 1

Just now, Dpsouthern81 said:

Corpse? A wee bit sleepy? 

a bit.  I blame the Academy for that spelling.

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Haha 4