15.7 BC

Guard 

Close but not quite:

BAC got 16.2

Crown got 16.1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GraysonHarris said:

Tight tonight between the top 3!  Their all going to be 2 pointed (minimum) by BD come finals night. 

Seriously doubt it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't judge.... lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GraysonHarris said:

I think its an undeniable fact, regardless of how people spin it. It's inevitable. 

Again, seriously doubt it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, squarepush said:

"Over Achieving" is such a weird concept to me. Are the judges are essentially saying this is too easy for what you're capable of? How do you fix that

It's not quite like that but it could be in some cases. 

Content: How is the book constructed? What is the demand like? Is the book constructed musically with effective use of all sections (snares, tenors, basses, pit, etc)? That kind of thing. So it isn't just demand. 

Achievement is more how are the performers mastering what has been given. 

In the case of Boston's percussion score it is difficult to know what the judge is thinking. Are they thinking:

• I don't love the content just yet, there is more you can do with the writing to bring out the musicality or demand or the section features or groupings, yet I love how the members are performing. 
  • Or are they thinking the total book is not demanding enough for these performers.

It is unlikely the later is the case because as long as the field battery and pit are not playing perfectly then you can't say the demand is not there. In this scenario the content score should be higher than achievement -- that is if you only think about it in terms of demand

But if the judge is thinking about more than demand and also thinking about how well the parts are written musically and logically for the show and how the snares, tenors, basses, and pit are coordinated into that total content then they are most likely saying "I like what you have composed for the section but it's not to the level it needs to be, but boy those performers are playing at a high level." In this case the judge wishes to reward the performers while making a note to the content designers about issues in the construction of the book. So there can be a see-saw effect here in scoring that better conveys where the improvements need to be -- according to this particular judge. 

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GraysonHarris said:

I think its an undeniable fact, regardless of how people spin it. It's inevitable. 

Let’s pull this receipt and revisit it at the end of the season

3 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Just got to my seats: Section F, DD, 1-2

My seat was across the aisle, section E, CC,seat 16. However, I never sat there. I stood back at the rail for the whole show, top of section F.