The Battle for 12th!!!

6 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Killroys breadsticks I dont like beer :tongue:

Don’t get me wrong, I love the Colt and Troopers, my favorite all time show, that I wish they would revisit, 2014 Colts Dark side of the rainbow. But I would like to see some one wearing a Delta win the Ott.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Reggi93 said:

My brain says BK, my heart says SOA because I know the hard work they did to come back from controversy, but my inner feminist is SCREAMING for Scouts. 😂

After getting a feel for all 3 shows I would love for 2 of these 3 shows to make the top 12.

I just love BK and their ballad is amazing and has the classic BK feel...but the rest of the show is a little scattered and hard to follow. I'm not on that deep thought provoking journey they usually take me on.

Madison's show is so cool and they have a lot of power. Black hole sun is amazing. I think this is the strongest show currently of the ones being discussed.

SOA really puts the "spirit" into ATL this year and this group is so full of heart and emotion- they are fun to watch.

PCs show is good and I would like to see a new corps make the top 12 but it's 4th on my list of the ones competing for 12th.

I usually like the crossmen but not feeling them or the Academy this year.

The current top 12 show that I am just not feeling is the Colts. It was great to see them make finals after a drought last year but I'm just not into it. Wish them the best though. 

• Like 2

Not my official vote (that's for BK), but my "I want drama so give me drama/I just thought about the Hunger Games again recently" vote goes like this:

Prelims: tie for 12th, Crossmen and Spirit. 

Semis: One of them scores higher, there is no tie and one sister corps knocks the other out of Finals. 

😈😈😈

• Sad 1

In a perfect world, the Blue Devils and Carolina Crown get caught up in a spitting contest in military park on semi night and miss their time slots, dropping out of finals. Blue Devils win the spitting contest.

• Haha 3

On 7/10/2023 at 8:18 PM, keystone3ply said:

I need to try Kilroys next month! 

With a pint of 3 floyeds zombie dust.

• Like 2

Just putting this out there that Spirit of Atlanta has 130 rookies. yes 130! They have a lot to work on but to start off as well as they have shows the heart and commitment they have.  I was not sure at the start of the season that they would make Finals. After this past week I’m pleasantly surprised.

• Like 5

On 7/12/2023 at 8:13 AM, Merozz62 said:

Just putting this out there that Spirit of Atlanta has 130 rookies. yes 130! They have a lot to work on but to start off as well as they have shows the heart and commitment they have.  I was not sure at the start of the season that they would make Finals. After this past week I’m pleasantly surprised.

Considering Spirit did not compete last year, this isn't surprising. But remember most "rookies" still have some drum corps or at least marching band experience.

I was not too sure what to expect from them either, but am happy to see them coming out strong right out the gates. 

I think since I initially started this thread, Academy seems to have lost some steam, but as we head into TX, we will get a clearer picture which corps are truly in the running for that 12th spot.

1 hour ago, CAtenhut said:

Considering Spirit did not compete last year, this isn't surprising. But remember most "rookies" still have some drum corps or at least marching band experience.

I was not too sure what to expect from them either, but am happy to see them coming out strong right out the gates. 

I think since I initially started this thread, Academy seems to have lost some steam, but as we head into TX, we will get a clearer picture which corps are truly in the running for that 12th spot.

I think that PC, BK, Madison and Crossmen will start to separate themselves from SOA now.  The others seem to have more difficulty.  In saying that I’ve seen none live. Just in videos.  One thing for sure, SOA has one heck of a drum major.  I’m sure the others are just as good, but this kid stands out. 

On 7/10/2023 at 11:04 PM, ThePlanets said:

After getting a feel for all 3 shows I would love for 2 of these 3 shows to make the top 12.

I just love BK and their ballad is amazing and has the classic BK feel...but the rest of the show is a little scattered and hard to follow. I'm not on that deep thought provoking journey they usually take me on.

Madison's show is so cool and they have a lot of power. Black hole sun is amazing. I think this is the strongest show currently of the ones being discussed.

SOA really puts the "spirit" into ATL this year and this group is so full of heart and emotion- they are fun to watch.

PCs show is good and I would like to see a new corps make the top 12 but it's 4th on my list of the ones competing for 12th.

I usually like the crossmen but not feeling them or the Academy this year.

The current top 12 show that I am just not feeling is the Colts. It was great to see them make finals after a drought last year but I'm just not into it. Wish them the best though. 

I agree with you about Crossmen, Academy, and Colts.

I'm going to be pulling for PC over BK, but I think SOA is out of it right now until they clean.

Madison's show doesn't connect with me. I'm trying, I'm trying... Maybe some more viewings live.

Much of this stuff doesn't work on video for me anymore. Much also doesn't work for me in person anymore either.

This year seems like a transition year for these corps, or maybe just me. I dunno.

• Like 3