The Battle for 12th!!!

5 hours ago, CAtenhut said:

At this point, it does look to be a 2 horse race, but there are 3 other corps that are less than 2 pts behind Crossmen right now (PC, Spirit, and Scouts), so let's not count them all out just yet. Realistically, I still think PC and Spirit have an outside chance.

We have seen each of the corps in the 12 to 15/16 range have overnight 2 to 3 pt jumps.  For anyone at this time to say it's only a 2 horse race is a little wild.  2 weeks ago we weren't talking about SOA or Crossmen and now Crossmen seem to be in the lead with BK an unknown until Allentown and with SOA and PC looking to find that magic for their 2 to 3 pt jump.  I say hold on, strap in the seat belts, and lets see what the next 10 days bring us!   

Everyone has their opinion of which show is harder, cleaner, has more potential, but scores this year haven't been consistent enough to support any of our current or past assumptions!  Remember, Tuesday PC was within .15 of X-men and 24 hours later were 1.6 behind with one flip of GE score. Just like in the NFL, "on any given Sunday" can't be any more true this year in DCI!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Lance said:

Make it a 3 way tie for 12. 

Ok so...we've had ties for first, ties for 12th, consecutive ties between the same corps in back to back nights, and consecutive same score for a corps in different shows.

Have we ever had a 3 way tie in DCI?

42 minutes ago, spacewill said:

We have seen each of the corps in the 12 to 15/16 range have overnight 2 to 3 pt jumps.  For anyone at this time to say it's only a 2 horse race is a little wild.  2 weeks ago we weren't talking about SOA or Crossmen and now Crossmen seem to be in the lead with BK an unknown until Allentown and with SOA and PC looking to find that magic for their 2 to 3 pt jump.  I say hold on, strap in the seat belts, and lets see what the next 10 days bring us!   

Everyone has their opinion of which show is harder, cleaner, has more potential, but scores this year haven't been consistent enough to support any of our current or past assumptions!  Remember, Tuesday PC was within .15 of X-men and 24 hours later were 1.6 behind with one flip of GE score. Just like in the NFL, "on any given Sunday" can't be any more true this year in DCI!

Hard to tell if it's judges calling it like it is or judges judging differently. Does it come down to which panel is on what night not just for the ones fighting for 12th but every placement. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Hard to tell if it's judges calling it like it is or judges judging differently. Does it come down to which panel is on what night not just for the ones fighting for 12th but every placement. 

Yeah, I wish I had that spreadsheet with judges patterns for this year.  I might have to nerd out and make it before prelims and then see who is assigned and what their pattern is...I am trying hard not to nerd out on it..that would be a huge time pull and could get crazy! 🙂

I am still saying Corps Clash needs this as a pay option!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, spacewill said:

Yeah, I wish I had that spreadsheet with judges patterns for this year.  I might have to nerd out and make it before prelims and then see who is assigned and what their pattern is...I am trying hard not to nerd out on it..that would be a huge time pull and could get crazy! 🙂

I am still saying Corps Clash needs this as a pay option!

Ill never forget when I marched that we were getting tanked by a brass judge every show so finally the staff asked him why and he said there wasn't enough content. Captain head pulled out a recording from the show of brass runs and that judge didn't tank the rest of the year 🤣

• Like 2

So many Corps have a shot, I don’t think any of them think they can be defensive and play it safe, they all have to be on the offense and take the chances and give a performance of a lifetime. Lucky us ♥️♥️♥️. Thank you to every last member

Edited by Onionhead2
Missed words
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Onionhead2 said:

So many Corps have a shot, I don’t think any of them think the can defensive and play it safe, they all have to be on the offense and take the chances and give a performance of a lifetime. Lucky us ♥️♥️♥️. Thank you to every last member

It will make for an epic Prelims/Finals.  When was the last time we had so much vested interest in so many battles!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

At the beginning of the season I completely ruled out the possibility of Crossmen returning to finals. The show was an unreadable mess.  But something happened after San Antonio and they cleaned much faster than their competitors for the last spot in finals. I won't be dismissing a corps early season performances anymore.... and as of now I think they are the corps most likely to pull into 12th.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluesman said:

At the beginning of the season I completely ruled out the possibility of Crossmen returning to finals. The show was an unreadable mess.  But something happened after San Antonio and they cleaned much faster than their competitors for the last spot in finals. I won't be dismissing a corps early season performances anymore.... and as of now I think they are the corps most likely to pull into 12th.

It did not look good.  But, they've come a long way.

Examining the caption scores from Allentown--even though the Crossmen were on a different night--they beat BK and Crest in every caption except Brass.  They beat Crest in VA, but were behind BK in Visual Analysis.  The only thing that may be a barrier for the Crossmen is that they perform before both Blue Knights and Pacific Crest at prelims.  Performance order can matter.  If they can still beat them and go into Semis ahead, it's a more comfortable situation.  This is going to be a nailbiter.

• Like 1