Colts 2023

Just gonna say, PR did Spring Camp @ WIU in '22........BIG leap  in '23. Colts did Spring Camp @ WIU in '23..........So Look out for this Corps. Love seeing springboard seasons from every corps, especially Midwest!

• Like 1

On 8/8/2023 at 11:34 PM, JAZZER said:

Just gonna say, PR did Spring Camp @ WIU in '22........BIG leap  in '23. Colts did Spring Camp @ WIU in '23..........So Look out for this Corps. Love seeing springboard seasons from every corps, especially Midwest!

One gets the sense that future upward mobility is possible for this group. Slow and steady often winds the race.

• Like 1

Colts were on FIRE last night!!! Seems like they’re turning it up at the right time!!! 90?!?!?! Never thought I’d see it! This is a PHENOMENAL boost for recruiting going forward!

• Like 2

I took off my red and white glasses last night and really watched the show with a critical eye. It's no joke, they definitely deserve to be where they're at right now. The drill is as good as I've ever seen from that group and the show design is getting the credit it deserves and then some.

Assuming they can hold on to 9th place, the next question is how do they follow it up in 2024? You know potential recruits are going to take a serious look at Colts now.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, dciguy01 said:

I took off my red and white glasses last night and really watched the show with a critical eye. It's no joke, they definitely deserve to be where they're at right now. The drill is as good as I've ever seen from that group and the show design is getting the credit it deserves and then some.

Assuming they can hold on to 9th place, the next question is how do they follow it up in 2024? You know potential recruits are going to take a serious look at Colts now.

I’m telling you, the first time I saw the show I looked at it with my Alumni glasses off. I knew then that the show had some serious bones! The future looks darn good!

Long time BD honk here, dropping into this thread to express some gratitude...

While I am thoroughly enjoying the artistry, genius, and execution that BD is putting on display this year, I have to say that Colts literally have upended me this year. F### scores, (although "bravo" for breaking 90!), f### placement...what the designers and performers are giving to the audience is magical.

For years, the Mars practice facility in Concord was "home". For years, Raider Hall in San Jose was "home". For. years, there were multiple high school that I designed for and taught at that were "home". What Colts are putting on the field reminds me of those places and times, and I am grateful for that (plus, I am a sucker for their musical book selections). 

When I watch their show, I am fully aware that the designers have something in mind, and the performers have something in mind, and the audience will engage with the show with something in mind. 

All I know is this: I believe that this show transcends the activity of "drum and bugle corps", and puts itself squarely in the position of "artistic excellence". They possibly will never know the impact that they have had on their audience, but I wish they did.

Whenever something artistic is created and put out for public consumption, the designers/performers have no idea what the reception will be. The Colts this year have achieved something that moves beyond the "nuts and bolts" of pageantry and takes us to whatever place "home" may be. I honestly feel honored to watch them and their excellence.

"Dome Sweet Dome". Get 'em, Colts.  

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, jsd said:

While I am thoroughly enjoying the artistry, genius, and execution that BD is putting on display this year, I have to say that Colts literally have upended me this year. F### scores, (although "bravo" for breaking 90!), f### placement...what the designers and performers are giving to the audience is magical.

For years, the Mars practice facility in Concord was "home". For years, Raider Hall in San Jose was "home". For. years, there were multiple high school that I designed for and taught at that were "home". What Colts are putting on the field reminds me of those places and times, and I am grateful for that (plus, I am a sucker for their musical book selections). 

When I watch their show, I am fully aware that the designers have something in mind, and the performers have something in mind, and the audience will engage with the show with something in mind. 

All I know is this: I believe that this show transcends the activity of "drum and bugle corps", and puts itself squarely in the position of "artistic excellence". They possibly will never know the impact that they have had on their audience, but I wish they did.

Whenever something artistic is created and put out for public consumption, the designers/performers have no idea what the reception will be. The Colts this year have achieved something that moves beyond the "nuts and bolts" of pageantry and takes us to whatever place "home" may be. I honestly feel honored to watch them and their excellence.

This is so cool, and what Drum Corps should be all about!!!!! BD is the standard of excellence, so a compliment and praise coming from those that are accustomed to that level is awesome!!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jsd said:

This. Congratulations to the members and leadership for such a remarkable season! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1