Ankeny Scores

8 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

Yes. If I was running Crown, BAC or Bluecoats, I'd be heading out west to see BD first thing. Once you see BD you know where you stand. Why wait?

I agree. As such, BAC has decided to do precisely that, ie head out west ( as far as Colorado anyway ) to test themselves early vs BD ( and the other West Coast Corps there out in Colorado).  Boston Crusaders will compete on Saturday out in Fort Collins, Colorado with the West Coast Corps of BD, Mandarins, Blue Knights, Pacific Crest, Seattle Cascades, as well as Troopers, Academy. 👍

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Boss Anova said:

BAC has decided to do precisely that, ie head out west ( as far as Colorado anyway ) to test themselves early vs BD ( and the other West Coast Corps there).  Boston Crusaders will compete on Saturday out in Fort Collins, Colorado with the West Coast Corps of BD, Mandarins, Blue Knights, Pacific Crest, Seattle Cascades, as well as Troopers, Academy. 👍

Yeah, but I'd be at that first show with BD.

1 hour ago, Vuitton said:

To beat Blue Devils you have to have a show like Crown 2013, Bluecoats 2016 or Vanguard 2018. A show that can go toe-to-toe with BD in terms of design, and have that execution to back up the design. I don't see anyone having that this year.

As of now I think Bluecoats could be that corps. They are strong in all performance captions and design and GE should be strong come Finals. But I agree with your note above. To me however I think the deciding factor this year is Visual Analysis and GE. The top 4 are all strong in brass, perc, guard and I expect them all to be fairly clean in visual proficiency come Finals. If you get a situation where corps A takes brass, corps B takes perc, corps C takes guard, and corps D takes visual proficiency (or something close to that), then it will come down to how the judges read Vis Analysis and GE. This is where I think Bluecoats have an edge on Boston and Carolina. But I could be wrong -- and usually am. 🙂

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

As of now I think Bluecoats could be that corps. They are strong in all performance captions and design and GE should be strong come Finals. But I agree with your note above. To me however I think the deciding factor this year is Visual Analysis and GE. The top 4 are all strong in brass, perc, guard and I expect them all to be fairly clean in visual proficiency come Finals. If you get a situation where corps A takes brass, corps B takes perc, corps C takes guard, and corps D takes visual proficiency (or something close to that), then it will come down to how the judges read Vis Analysis and GE. This is where I think Bluecoats have an edge on Boston and Carolina. But I could be wrong -- and usually am. 🙂

I agree with you. I think Bluecoats have the most fantastic show this year. It is my favorite.

The issue I see is with (for example) Crown taking brass, Bluecoats taking percussion and Boston taking guard, is where those three finish in other captions. We know BD is going to most likely be 1 or 2 across all captions.

I would love nothing more than for Bluecoats, Boston or Crown to win, so fingers-crossed. Nothing against BD, I just want a different corps to win. But, we can't always get what we want.

Still loving the shows.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vuitton said:

Yes. If I was running Crown, BAC or Bluecoats, I'd be heading out west to see BD first thing. Once you see BD you know where you stand. Why wait?

Pardon my ignorance, but I don't see how "seeing" another corps has any value. You can't really "defend" against another corps or control their score, their design, or how/what they clean. 

Each corps should focus on itself and do the very best it can at design and execution. No time/energy should be spent on worrying about another corps' scores, or how to strategize against them. 

5 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

..... or first.. right ?

I utilized the current scores/ rankings  on all these corps before the head to head matchups at Regionals coming out soon where this gets sorted out... jeesh.

Wait, Who's on First?

whos-on-first-facebook-768x403.jpg

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, billj said:

Pardon my ignorance, but I don't see how "seeing" another corps has any value. You can't really "defend" against another corps or control their score, their design, or how/what they clean. 

Each corps should focus on itself and do the very best it can at design and execution. No time/energy should be spent on worrying about another corps' scores, or how to strategize against them. 

Pardon my ignorance. No, I think you're right, but it's also true that unless you've beaten BD assume you are second. I think all the top corps want to win and seeing BD right out of the gate would give you a sense of where you stood and allow you to make adjustments. That's all I'm saying. It's not about strategizing against BD, it's about understand are you in 1st or are you not.

10 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Wait, Who's on First?

Until one beats BD one should assume they are not in 1st.