Devils Crusade(rs) and Sin Along The Rockies 23

Perhaps it would be more effective to let the vocals play with their natural cadence in this closer rather than giving rhythm to each syllable to match the drums

Just now, wormster79 said:

Makes me wonder what on earth is going on with that organization.  Time and again, it just seems as though they like sabotaging themselves…

I think coming out of the pandemic must have been really hard on them talent wise.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

I was catching up and saw BD and BAC back to back without a break. I dont know how the judges can separate those two groups. BDs brass book is exposed and challenging, but BAC has a much more warm and sonorous sound. Both shows are awesome visually. Both have out of this world guards. I know BD is going to win because that is how DCI works, but I honestly do not see much difference in quality. 

It's amazing how people perceive things differently.  I felt exactly the opposite.  As soon as Boston started, I felt badly that they had to follow BD and have those sounds go head to head.  BAC is indeed wonderful,  but this BD corps is on another level.  Of course, it's all subjective anyway.  Overall, great year for drum corps!

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Of the corps fighting for the finals spot opened up by SCV, I thing BK is the most likely to take it.  Not my favorite of the bunch, but they're cleaning faster.

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

They’ve had a rough road and big admin and staff changes. 

This show is back to feeling like the type of BK they had going when that discussion was happening though. M

i like!

I prefer it to last year but I fell in love with BK when I rediscovered DCI in 2013. I am very glad their arc is bending upward again, but the past few years have been so tough on so many corps. I guess I am impatient - lots of folks here enjoying this show a lot, which is great!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cop said:

I'm thinking Pacific Crest over BK once again

Pacific Crest is a contender for sure.

• Like 4