Houston show that's actually Tomball

27 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

I’m not saying they’re going to pass Mandarins but the comments that this show is a let down to its members is kind of gross.

I feel this is directed towards my comment that this show is awful so. 
Cavaliers are announced at every show as the seven-time DCI champions. Thanks announcer guy no pressure or anything right….. There’s an expectation for the Cavaliers from some people, and I happen to be one of them. Expectations, not demands. Gotta to make that clear. So yeah, they’ve disappointed me. I also said it was a design thing, not a member performance thing. Design is not meeting expectation and therefore the more than talented corps suffers competitively. 2019 I was so so happy to see them in top 6 again. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, squarepush said:

I feel this is directed towards my comment that this show is awful so. 
Cavaliers are announced at every show as the seven-time DCI champions. Thanks announcer guy no pressure or anything right….. There’s an expectation for the Cavaliers from some people, and I happen to be one of them. Expectations, not demands. Gotta to make that clear. So yeah, they’ve disappointed me. I also said it was a design thing, not a member performance thing. Design is not meeting expectation and therefore the more than talented corps suffers competitively. 2019 I was so so happy to see them in top 6 again. 

They were in the top 5 in 2019. 
And the top 6 as you referenced in 2018. 
And the top 4 in 2017.
And the top 5 in 2016. 

Again? 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Mandarins can make another statement tonight vs Blue Stars and Cavies as they are performing in the second time slot. 

If the Mandarins beat those two heavyweights tonight, is it still west coast inflation, or is it 125 miles from Louisiana border inflation?

I'm still hearing some blending problems in the brass, especially low brass.

Great job! Mandarins! We are witnessing history in the making!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

They were in the top 5 in 2019. 
And the top 6 as you referenced in 2018. 
And the top 4 in 2017.
And the top 5 in 2016. 

Again? 

I mean you’re just proving my point as to why this show is a disappointment. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Good thing they judge the whole corps… just like they always have… 

Amen.

...and they're still in striking distance of 5th place.

The show keeps making more and more sense as the season progresses.

Sorry some people don't like the show... 

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, squarepush said:

Well since you stated you were glad to see them back in the top 6 “again” in 2019, as if they hadn’t lived there or above for years prior… I think I’ve proven to myself how much you actually follow the Cavaliers. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, squarepush said:

Serious question, did you not enjoy all the callbacks to Cavaliers glory days?  I thought those were pretty cool. They’re not up there scoring wise but would you prefer the corps to do a show like Crown or Bluecoats?  

Every show top to bottom is just so enjoyable.  I dunno…that’s just me.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Jnecker said:

Full disclosure my son is a Baritone for the Colts.  I really liked the changes and a few more voiceovers helped I think to understand the overall show tonight for them. I just texted with my son who was happy as he'll about the jump in score but then said, we have better runs in us.  Gotta like the attitude.  The Colts best ever finish I think was 9th, they might have an outside chance to get that placement this year, dare I say 8th with the run of their lives.  I really love the music they put put it is a fun show.  Very Midwest if you ask me.  My son is 18 and a first year DCI kid, he loves it, the talent put out there and all these shows are so good.  Really fun to watch.  Go Colts, Go Red Team.

Their show is amazing..... truthfully..... it was my second favorite from the show.

I'll give my detailed explanation sometime tomorrow (yes, it's technically tomorrow, but adrenaline from my excitement is keeping me awake).

• Like 2