9:26 PM Colts - Dubuque, IA
9:43 PM Blue Stars - La Crosse, WI
10:00 PM The Cavaliers - Rosemont, IL
10:17 PM Carolina Crown - Fort Mill, SC
10:34 PM Boston Crusaders - Boston, MA
10:59 PM Scores Announced
Edited by spacewill
  • Like 1

Let's see how many of these corps, who just put it all on the field in San Antonio, respond after seeing the first "all corps" comparison scores of the season.  Most of the corps took a well deserved day off Sunday so let's see who can rejuvenate themselves and continue building on their yearly progress!  Some key matchups:

• BK vs. PC - can PC close the percussion gap which was a staggering 1.5 or can BK close the gap in GE and Visual analysis to keep this battle for 12th going.
  • Blue Stars vs. Cavies - can Blue Stars close the gap or does Cavies continue to open it up?
  • BAC vs. Crown - BAC seems to be the hottest corp (not named Devils) so can they keep improving and widen the gap over Crown to work on catching BD or can Crown find magic and start closing the gap to get out of 4th place (from SA).

Love the strength of this show right after the exciting Saturday event!

Edited by spacewill
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Many of us have questioned the Texas tour given the increasing heat experienced around this time of year. But if it's assumed that San Antonio has to happen on the third or so Saturday of July, then at least get out of the state directly after. Why linger around and expect students to practice in this heat? Have the Mesquite and McKinney shows the week before San Antonio and head north!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

If anyone here is going, this stadium has some of the worst parking and logistics of any show I have been to.  Give yourself time, I missed the first three corps in 2019 trying to get to the stadium.  They also misnumbered seats that year. There’s an elementary school close by that has some hidden parking I have used when I went. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Many of us have questioned the Texas tour given the increasing heat experienced around this time of year. But if it's assumed that San Antonio has to happen on the third or so Saturday of July, then at least get out of the state directly after. Why linger around and expect students to practice in this heat? Have the Mesquite and McKinney shows the week before San Antonio and head north!

It kind of sucks but really getting out of Texas won't help much given they then go through LA, MS, and AL.  The temps may look lower but with the immensely high humidity the feels like is similar to Texas when they are practicing outside.    The only way to do it is to reduce shows in the South period and they won't do that because of how much of a draw and how popular DCI is in the South.  Maybe they put in some practice time limit restrictions, but just not sure what else can be done.  Keep in mind, some Texas HS Bands are starting their programs next week and will be dealing with this heat for the next 4 weeks of summer camp.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Without Texas there is no significent DCI.. Corps members, fans, and revenue. Yes it is hot, but you do not succeed in ideal temps with 550 people watching a show. I do not live in Texas

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lawdn said:

This show is Monday, July 24, it seems. And here you and I were excited for more drum corps, @spacewill! But I hope you got to spend some time with your kid in San Antonio. 

Thanks!! Fixed it.  

We did get the chance! I appreciate your thoughts.  My wife and I volunteered for 4 days to help feed them and we got to spend some time with him on his off day at the Riverwalk!  I think it really helped both his Mom (and her mom/son time) and him in giving him something outside of DCI for a small time period.

• Like 2