Corps in the Heat at Mesquite (TX) - July 24, 2023

2 minutes ago, lawdn said:

DCI site says show is Monday, not today. We need to give the thread creator a break - he is still on a high from PC's performance yesterday!

haha...I am slightly delusional!!!!!

1 hour ago, DrumManTx said:

If anyone here is going, this stadium has some of the worst parking and logistics of any show I have been to.  Give yourself time, I missed the first three corps in 2019 trying to get to the stadium.  They also misnumbered seats that year. There’s an elementary school close by that has some hidden parking I have used when I went. 

Idk Indy logistics were something 😅

1 hour ago, kdaddy said:

Many of us have questioned the Texas tour given the increasing heat experienced around this time of year. But if it's assumed that San Antonio has to happen on the third or so Saturday of July, then at least get out of the state directly after. Why linger around and expect students to practice in this heat? Have the Mesquite and McKinney shows the week before San Antonio and head north!

It was 98 degrees in Northern Wisconsin, near the UP of Michigan today.  At the same time that it was 98 there, it was 100 in San Antonio.  Not a big difference in temperatures.  If I wasn't currently in SA still, I would have agreed with you, but it's kinda a wash...

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

It was 98 degrees in Northern Wisconsin, near the UP of Michigan today.  At the same time that it was 98 there, it was 100 in San Antonio.  Not a big difference in temperatures.  If I wasn't currently in SA still, I would have agreed with you, but it's kinda a wash...

But why would you want to live up there?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, spacewill said:

It kind of sucks but really getting out of Texas won't help much given they then go through LA, MS, and AL.  The temps may look lower but with the immensely high humidity the feels like is similar to Texas when they are practicing outside.    The only way to do it is to reduce shows in the South period and they won't do that because of how much of a draw and how popular DCI is in the South.  Maybe they put in some practice time limit restrictions, but just not sure what else can be done.  Keep in mind, some Texas HS Bands are starting their programs next week and will be dealing with this heat for the next 4 weeks of summer camp.

Because the tour is in a rut, with all regionals in the same order with all roads ending in Indy.  

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
More better English
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

If anyone here is going, this stadium has some of the worst parking and logistics of any show I have been to.  Give yourself time, I missed the first three corps in 2019 trying to get to the stadium.  They also misnumbered seats that year. There’s an elementary school close by that has some hidden parking I have used when I went. 

Same thing happened with seating at the Tupelo venue last year.  They counted the first 2-3 rows that were removed for ADA seating, so everyone just bumped up. The DCI person on site was trying to fix it right up to set off. Guy told me just to sit in his extra seats; I was on the wrong row for the show but close to my original seat.  It was a mess.  

I hope Flo gets their technical issues resolved before tonight. Watching the SAT replay last night on Roku, the broadcast kept skipping every few seconds, turning a 4/4 measure into a 3/4 measure.  (I have great fiber) Social media reports that folks couldn't use their phone app.  They replied that they were working the issue. 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

But why would you want to live up there?

Summer cabin.  Pasties?

• Like 2