Corps in the Heat at Mesquite (TX) - July 24, 2023

Just now, Zeke said:

It's been interesting  to watch his journey. Went to HS with him

The guy's brain just works differently in a world where people are programmed to ram all the notes to get points. Such nuanced writing with a very different style of difficulty scattered throughout, and the IDEAS he's come up with are just phenomenal. His Mission Viejo lines of the late 90s/2000s drove so much of the direction of the WGI percussion scene. Tenor lines have literally been the only complaint I've ever had when it comes to his style.

Guard absolutely KILLED it tonight! I wonder how close they get to Boston tonight

• Like 2

They should add Mel Brooks’ Men in Tights song 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, MelloNell said:

King Peter Frampton.

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Musicman1084 said:

Hoping someone can answer a question here on Blue Stars that I had over on their thread. After the ballad they gain about 5 brass high brass players when they're playing their feature on the props in the middle of the field (27 trumpets and 18 mellos, vs 24 and 16 throughout the show). It looks like they're just there for the feature. Are these alternates who also have show responsibilities for moving the five cubes? If so, kudos to them for at least giving them some playing opportunities and including them in the show!

I caught a rehearsal while they were in Dallas, and I *think* this is the case. Seems as though that the alternates all have visual and playing responsibilities, but I could be wrong.

• Thanks 1