Let's Talk About the Blue Devils...

31 minutes ago, GraysonHarris said:

You want them to stop playing jazz? Are you nuts? That is literally their legacy and style of music they have always been associated with. 

That's like asking Phantom to have a show with no classical music. 

Sheesh!

I would kill for a Manyard Ferguson tribute. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ContraFart said:

"or left they fully left the activity" is the problem

well it depends, honestly. the more people interested the better, that is obvious, but what kind of people do we want in the community; people who are hateful and unwilling to change their ways, or open minded people who are willing to accept and appreciate the talent and creativity at blue devils? i personally would want the latter, and if that means some people take their leave, then thats something i am willing to accept. nobody likes a hateful viewer.

Edited by Ashontheinternet
typo
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ashontheinternet said:

well it depends, honestly. the more people interested the better, that is obvious, but what kind of people do we want in the community; people who are hateful and unwilling to change their ways, or open minded people who are willing to accept and appreciate the talent and creativity at blue devils? i personally would want the latter, and if that means some people take their leave, then thats something i am willing to accept. nobody likes a hateful viewer.

I understand not wanting to cater to the dinosaur as the activity does evolve, but we shouldn't let it evolve past where people are invited in. Let me ask you this. How many of the best picture Oscar winning movies have you seen in the past 15 years? 

1 minute ago, ContraFart said:

I understand not wanting to cater to the dinosaur as the activity does evolve, but we shouldn't let it evolve past where people are invited in. Let me ask you this. How many of the best picture Oscar winning movies have you seen in the past 15 years? 

unfortunately, i cant say ive seen many if any oscar winning films in the past 15 years. im not much a movie person. but i am interested in your point

8 minutes ago, Ashontheinternet said:

Ironically, I think it was the Blue Devils who changed their ways and came back to playing more entertaining shows more often from 2014 on.  A lot of people just couldn't get into shows like 2010 and 2012, but that doesn't make them hateful.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1