09 Crown wins music and brass

10 4th in percussion and a show notorious for being hated on

12  Crown wins brass and music analysis

14 can't argue here

15 3rd in brass

17 3rd in music- doesn't win a music caption

19 4th in brass AND music analysis

22 3rd in brass and percussion 

23 didn't win any music captions at southwest championship even though they have a healthy lead.

The core of DCI fans and perspective members are musicians first. And BD just isn't dominant in music. It's easy to hate when your favorite corps sounds better than BD and can't beat them 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, resipsaloquitur said:

Strong disagree

Then we seem to be at an impasse. Even tough BD has won 60% of the championships in the past 15 years, the music caption awards have been more varied. I do not find BDs staff to be that superior, you do. So I guess that is that. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DWW11 said:

Love em or hate em, when you ask someone to go to a corps show, invariably they will ask “will BD be there?”.

Not what I believe. It seems obvious at shows that the crowd favorites are Crown and Bluecoats, and Boston on the east coast. West coast is now all BD due to the loss of SCV.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ContraFart said:

Then we seem to be at an impasse. Even tough BD has won 60% of the championships in the past 15 years, the music caption awards have been more varied. I do not find BDs staff to be that superior, you do. So I guess that is that. 

And all is well. And to all a good night of Flo.

• Like 2

Eh it’s all good. Seems these discussions have gotten less accusatory over the last couple of years, which is probably good. BD has dominated the activity for the past decade or so, it’s natural for people to want to talk about it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tony L. said:

I do think think my impression of BD this year changed last night.  I had thought they were going to run through it this year, but they had some performance issues and a general lack of impact that was a little shocking.  But, everyone gets the right to have an "off" night.  

This is fair. Personally I thought they had a great run in visual and guard. Even brass though there are things to clean. It's a tough book. We must also remember that as a corps cleans the mistakes stand out more. I think they are doing so many things well that the little mistakes are clear to us and we get the sense they had a bad night. 

• Like 5