Let's Talk About the Blue Devils...

6 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I may or may not have been one of the ones contributing to it being a lions den! I was a bit of a hater in the early moments of my DCI fandom 

It's all good!! It was entertaining shutting down trolls with Plan9, Flammaster, 84BDSop and other BD honks during those days. 

I am telling you, it was like the 300 vs the Persians back then lol. We were all we had on these forums, but we held strong lol. 

• Like 4

Just now, DWW11 said:

Ambien is kicking in. Thanks @Cappybarafor starting this thread. It’s been an interesting one! 🤣🤣🤣

💙😈✂️✂️✂️

At around page 7, I had bet the under on the number of pages (U 20.5) before the thread would get locked. Just goes to show why I'm not a gambling man :beer:

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, GraysonHarris said:

I know you aren't asking me, but I was not a fan of Babylon. I do though think they deserved to win. 

I was not a fan of Babylon and think it was a shame that it won, which it different from whether it should have won. That show had no joy and not enough musicality. To the extent that their championship influenced any onward programing choices, I regret it. 

Clarification: Not an SCV hater - not at all.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, ThePlanets said:

Here's the thing about BD in LOS

09 Crown wins music and brass

10 4th in percussion and a show notorious for being hated on

12  Crown wins brass and music analysis

14 can't argue here

15 3rd in brass

17 3rd in music- doesn't win a music caption

19 4th in brass AND music analysis

22 3rd in brass and percussion 

23 didn't win any music captions at southwest championship even though they have a healthy lead.

The core of DCI fans and perspective members are musicians first. And BD just isn't dominant in music. It's easy to hate when your favorite corps sounds better than BD and can't beat them 

Interesting observation. It's interesting in general and because it points back to design, which is at the heart of so much of the BD complaints. .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ThePlanets said:

Here's the thing about BD in LOS

09 Crown wins music and brass

10 4th in percussion and a show notorious for being hated on

12  Crown wins brass and music analysis

14 can't argue here

15 3rd in brass

17 3rd in music- doesn't win a music caption

19 4th in brass AND music analysis

22 3rd in brass and percussion 

23 didn't win any music captions at southwest championship even though they have a healthy lead.

The core of DCI fans and perspective members are musicians first. And BD just isn't dominant in music. It's easy to hate when your favorite corps sounds better than BD and can't beat them 

I wonder how many of those years BD won visual ensemble by a decent (more than 0.2) margin.

• Like 2

Even though they are legitimate criticism, I for one have always been entertained by Blue Devils! The people who complaint endlessly forget MANY, PLENTY others exist outside of them who loves BD style/type of shows and DCI doesn't revolve around them alone. Is it so hard to realize that ?

For All you Haters.... Booooooooooooooooooo 👎 😁🤭 LMAO

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Sh0uldN0t said:

I was not a fan of Babylon and think it was a shame that it won, which it different from whether it should have won. That show had no joy and not enough musicality. To the extent that their championship influenced any onward programing choices, I regret it. 

Clarification: Not an SCV hater - not at all.

So only things that have “joy” should win? 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, kdaddy said:

I wonder how many of those years BD won visual ensemble by a decent (more than 0.2) margin.

Most if not all of them.

I was just scanning ordinals for GE and visuals and BD is very good with having the number "1" there.

"a lot of the criticisms are actually valid! I just happen to disagree with all of them!"

Say what you will, but I love these bloodbath style threads. Salud! 👏

• Like 1