I will not be outdone by other Drum Corps Internet Trolls (I own VMAPA.org)

There’s a certain amount of politeness expected, yes. It is as if each meeting should have had a “this meeting is being recorded and anything said will be weaponized in the maximally damaging way” at the top of them.

1 minute ago, DSpruce said:

It has been stated that alum had hostile behavior and behaved with hate. Sitting in the room hearing things that raised red flags and not simply sharing that information on the spot. Actively withholding the information that mistakes were being made by non experts in real-time so it could be used against the organization. 

I've already explained my actions about that. Ad nauseam in this thread.

I'm an active whistleblower. It's not my responsibility to inform the organization or alumni when they are out of compliance with state law. It's leadership's job to be in compliance with state law.

I was not trying to help at that point. I never called doing that help. I was trying to stop the bleed, as there were countless additional red flags that were pinging my weathered ethics meter.

2 minutes ago, DSpruce said:

There’s a certain amount of politeness expected, yes. It is as if each meeting should have had a “this meeting is being recorded and anything said will be weaponized in the maximally damaging way” at the top of them.

This is not an explicit request. I don't follow expectations, especially when veiled, assumed, or otherwise loosely implied. Again, you're refusing to accept the fact that healthy nonprofits operate in the light. If you don't understand that simple fact, I can't help you.

Y'all shouldn't have been fundraising while out of compliance with state law. Period. It doesn't matter whether you knew it or not. And I wasn't exactly getting warm tinglies from our interactions, as described throughout this thread. I'd already been sabotaged by alum, and the board had already treated me with a coldness that still chills my bones to this day. Your feelings are not a part of my calculations.

My feelings as a member when I was abused were never a part of this organization's calculations.

20 minutes ago, DSpruce said:

It has been stated that alum had hostile behavior and behaved with hate. Sitting in the room hearing things that raised red flags and not simply sharing that information on the spot. Actively withholding the information that mistakes were being made by non experts in real-time so it could be used against the organization. 

So far I’ve heard a victim blamed for:

Coming forward

Waiting to come forward

Coming forward too soon

The way they came forward

Sharing information

Withholding information

Being too specific

Not being specific enough

Having the wrong facial expressions

Making people feel bad

Actions of those they don’t control

Can’t imagine why anyone would think there is victim-blaming here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

It has been claimed that alumni are generally hateful, that they misused the FVF donations or that this needs to be investigated, that the only way to explain any displeasure has been retaliation. Clarifications have been made. 

23 minutes ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

Honestly it's starting to look like SCV's true problems were just alum infighting 

No, the true problems are unquestionably poor management practices in a number of areas.

• Thanks 2