Front and Centerville, OH - Soaring with the Corps - 8/2/2023 - on FLO

The young lady in PCs guard who starts the show..........her family sat behind my wife and I at the Vista show in SoCal. 

They are from Arizona and she initially auditioned for the Academy, didn't make it, went for PC at the last second and got in. 

Her family was so nice! So I always find myself rooting extra hard for her. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Chief Guns said:

The young lady in PCs guard who starts the show..........her family sat behind my wife and I at the Vista show in SoCal. 

They are from Arizona and she initially auditioned for the Academy, didn't make it, went for PC at the last second and got in. 

Her family was so nice! So I always find myself rooting extra hard for her. 

We met her at the souvenir booth at the Rose Bowl.  The mom was definitely a very nice lady!

• Like 2

Bill’s Donuts is the “best in the US” as ranked by USA Today? Sounds like East Coast inflation. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

I’m not a fan of Pacific Crest this year; I usually am.  The brass ensemble is uncharacteristically sloppy and I keep wanting more and not getting it.  The visual is very well done though. Those kids put their hearts into it though.

Agree. The ending of the  show is good.  The front half is flat I find myself  not watching until the end as it's not engaging.  

4 minutes ago, lawdn said:

Pacific Crest is very good, and this show is such a big step up for them. I enjoy the show a lot, and it has many nice moments. It just feels like Crossmen are a little better almost across the board.

There is more mear to the Crossmen show.   They still have a lot to clean but the content is there to clean.  

• Like 2

Just now, Rylan said:

Bill’s Donuts is the “best in the US” as ranked by USA Today? Sounds like East Coast inflation. 

A most deserving title!!!  Stopped in after the Centerville show in 2004 or 2005 and told them I needed 20 dozen which I then delivered to the Madison Scouts.  At first they weren't going to let me have that many because it would "wipe them out."  I said "I think Bill would tell you THAT'S A GOOD THING."

Also the best pizza in the country is across the street...MARION'S PIAZZA!

Yeah PC strikes me as what Mandarins did in 2017. The talent is there to do a show that could crack into finals but they didn't quite design the complexity to best the corps they needed to.  Almost as if, "oh dang they're able to do more than we thought."  

That said, with everything so close in the races this year, PC could still slip by.  Now would be the time to add and clean what they can to boost the complexity.

• Like 2