Front and Centerville, OH - Soaring with the Corps - 8/2/2023 - on FLO

2 minutes ago, Jnecker said:

I like the Colts music better, Brass too, Cavies Drum and Pit are really good.  Not sure on visuals.  I think Cavies folks love it because they know the music, others it does not come across as much.  But I would give Cavies an overall edge, but not the gap that sits now. Just one Colts Dad biased opinion...

Cavaliers show is more nuanced in design. 
amazing subtleties that are finally starting to come together. Sophisticated.Agree that an experienced, fan of DCI might get more enjoyment.
I really like the colts this year as well but the music arrangements remind me of juke box musicals and of the Blue Stars years when they threw everything and the kitchen sink as props. 
everyone has preferences in show design based on biases/likes/dislikes. But as far as dci judge sheets Cavaliers are finally starting to check the boxes. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, lawdn said:

At Stanford 2017, I spoke with a 2016 Mandarins age-out and then ran into him later in the season. He was excited for their challenge for Finals but said the real goal that season was to make the Big Loud and Live cinemacast, which was a big recruiting tool. PC should accomplish at least that this year.

Yeah, I always had the sense that they'd outpaced their expectations wildly by nearly making finals that year.  PC feels like they're on that sort of trajectory.  "It wasn't our goal as we designed this...but if it's there for the taking, we're gonna go for it!"

I always enjoy seeing what the Crossmen come up with every season. I've really enjoyed a few of thier shows over the past 10 years. I am surprised that with so many talented marchers and musicians in Texas I really expected them to climb in the ranks.  I wonder why that hasn't happened? Are the top talent in Texas leaving Texas to go to the top 5 corps? Just curious from someone who may be in the know. I love the Crossmen so no offense intended.

1 hour ago, frank4now said:

I always enjoy seeing what the Crossmen come up with every season. I've really enjoyed a few of thier shows over the past 10 years. I am surprised that with so many talented marchers and musicians in Texas I really expected them to climb in the ranks.  I wonder why that hasn't happened? Are the top talent in Texas leaving Texas to go to the top 5 corps? Just curious from someone who may be in the know. I love the Crossmen so no offense intended.

I know that one of the Colts soloist is from North Texas in Denton.  I think several Texas based kids are on the Colts this year.  They are top 10 or 11 so I can only imagine the number of Texans on the other Top 10 has to be pretty high.

• Like 1