Going to prelims for the first time, I have noobie questions!

43 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Nothing.  Nothing has changed in Anderson since the 90s.  

Oh, they ran Sandi Patty out after the divorce, but otherwise, nothing.  

Man, I google stalked the recent Anderson, IN...the Hardees and Cracker Barrel are still there, ha.  But sadly Chi Chi's Mexican restaurant is no more! 🙂  I don't even recognize it anymore.  Looks like all the GM plants closed and got bought out and the mall as I knew it is closed!  I guess 30 years does that to a town!

• Like 1

Oh yeah. Chi Chi’s went poof everywhere and GM closed out and moved those operations to the Ft. Wayne plant or out of state 

Malls in that size town are history all over the state. It’s all Walmart, target, and mejiers now. 

Even Glenbrook in Ft. Wayne is struggling 

3 hours ago, MadScout80 said:

Highly recommend the Indiana War Memorial Museum.  It's free.  Could spend a whole day in there.  To keep this on topic they do have various world war era drums and bugles on display.

I’ve been told about this museum by a few people. Haven’t gotten the chance to go yet but I definitely need to 

7 hours ago, MaestroC said:

My family has tickets to the Thursday prelims and will be staying at the Embassy Suites a few blocks away within walking distance to Lucas Oil Stadium.  It's our first time going after seeing only small local events with only a few corps.  My questions are:

1) Will there be other performances or events going on around the stadium during the day?  I know there will be a place for merch sales, but other than that are there other activities (official or unofficial) in the area that coincide with the stuff in the stadium on Wednesday or Thursday?

2) Will the corps be warming up in the general vicinity of the stadium the way they did at our local event?  The kids enjoyed standing in the lot and watching/listening to the warmups since you get a lot closer to things.  Are there any unwritten rules about this kind of thing?

3)  Is there anything else we should know ahead of time or be sure to do while we are there?  We will arrive on Wednesday, have all day Thursday.

4) I have a feeling some of the family will not want to spend as much time in the stadium as others but all of the tickets are on my phone in the ticketmaster account.  If two of us want to walk back to the hotel for a while and then come back in the evening while the others stay at the stadium longer how will that work for getting them back in the gate?

Thank you for any answers you might be able to provide!

YAY!  New fans!  I hope you and your family have a great time.

• Like 2

You may need to take an Uber or taxi, but if you’re in Indy on Wednesday, the Indiana State Fair is an option. It is about five miles from Downtown but it’s something different. You do see people wearing drum corps t-shirts at the fair so I’m not the only one who attends.

Edited by Tim K
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

[Reaches back into the 'jokes told when I was in college' bag]

Did you hear the news? White Castle opened a new store in Anderson and had a "free bag of burgers" give away all day!   They gave away over 10,000 White Castles!   You realize that's almost a WHOLE POUND of meat?

Now I am craving White Castle.  Thanks.   Thanks a lot.  

edit: nearest is 7 hrs away in New Jersey.   Grunt. 

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Now I am craving White Castle.  Thanks.   Thanks a lot.  

edit: nearest is 7 hrs away in New Jersey.   Grunt. 

Your bowels are glad the nearest one is 7 hours away.