Crum-ble on the hill in Allentown - August 4, 2023

1 hour ago, rpbobcat said:

That may be.

As I posted, my wife and I have been going to the Easts since the late 80's.

There may have only been 1 "Rain Out" since 2010 ,but there have been a number of times when they delayed the start time by, in some cases a couple of hours because of weather.

There have also been a number of times when there have been significant weather delays during the show, including at least a couple of times  when they had to empty the stadium.

Last year was strange in that they delayed the start on Friday for lightning.

Yet, they they let the show keep going when there were lightning flashes all over the sky.

Also, even though there may have been only 1 "Rain Out" several times, after lengthy delays, the remaining corps only did "Standstills".

Some of those flashes were actually fireworks from a nearby fair

1 minute ago, saxfreq1128 said:

bless you but you may as well just give your winnings to me if you really want to be that reckless. i need renovating too

We will talk if I win the big prize. You're on the list

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

The dome is Syracuse is horrible. The boom effect in there is 3 times worse than Indy. Logistically it is a nightmare as it was setup many years ago. I personally think an outdoor stadium is best for DCI East. I get the reasons for wanting a dome but Drum & Bugle Corps is still best served outdoors in a nice stadium. 

If -- and this is a big if -- DCI gets to the point where they decide to leave Allentown there are some good options in Delware, D.C.-Maryland, PA, even in Buffalo NY, etc., but it would be nice to have at least one Regional outdoors. Just my 2 cents on this. 

And it could rain anywhere in that footprint

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Relocate Atlanta to the Battlehawks stadium - Non NFL stadium that's hosted many marching band shows. 

Is there a reason that this area of the country doesn't have domes?

$$$$ and the desire for outdoor football as God and George Halas decreed

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Tonight’s show per WFMZ shows possible rain before it starts and maybe some after 9. Unless it’s 18 levels of monsoon at best it’d be delayed.

From 6PM to 1AM there is a 50% or higher chance of rain with the highest being between 6-10 at 70-80%. There is also a thunderstorm watch in effect till 8PM. Gonna need to do more research to hit your daily post quota. 

Just now, BlueStainGlass said:

From 6PM to 1AM there is a 50% or higher chance of rain with the highest being between 6-10 at 70-80%. There is also a thunderstorm watch in effect till 8PM. Gonna need to do more research to hit your daily post quota. 

Yeah I’m only looking at WFMZ every 30 minutes since I got up. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

Let's all breath and sing kumbaya, the weather is gonna do what it's gonna do 

I tried to get it back on the "what to look for tonight" a page or 2 ago...that lasted about as long as it took me to hit "post".... 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, spacewill said:

I tried to get it back on the "what to look for tonight" a page or 2 ago...that lasted about as long as it took me to hit "post".... 🙂

Look for 8 food trucks outside the new market place