DCI Prelims - Big, Loud, and Live - August 10th, 2023

3 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

Nice!! Pleasant Hill... Home of BD's old home show site, Diablo Valley College. 

I lived less than a mile from DVC. Used to walk to Precision West every year. 

• Like 4

As always check out open class.  Some amazing stuff going on.  

We will see four automatically make their way into semis by default but IMO the top three woulda made their way in regardless and we have three more fighting for the last guaranteed spot in semis.  These four stick out for me:

Spartans show is a blast.  Awesome surrealism theme with a bunch of super spicy music (liked Bluecoats 2016?  There is some Ojos de Brujo in there).  

Gold has a super dark and exciting show, really great ensemble sound.  

Southwind’s show is small corps design to a freakin T. Super fun Cowboys of the Sky building New York show.  Would be their first time back in semis since 2005 and all signs are pointing to that happening.  

Columbians are the biggest surprise for me.  They’re BIG AND LOUD. SUPER exciting show that hits hard.  Making semis on their first ever trip to Indy would be epic.  

• Like 3

will be seeing prelims in theatres. dci championships starting on my birthday is one hell of a birthday present! love it. 

• Like 1

On 8/6/2023 at 9:51 PM, spacewill said:

This is our first ever Indy in person.  We've talked about going forever but now I get to go and cheer on my child in Lucas Oil!   It's going to be incredible!

We may moan, groan, and complain about Lucas Oil Stadium, lines, not enough open concession stands, but the show itself never disappoints. I’m one who is in my seat for the first corps and doesn’t miss any competitors. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrumManTx said:

We will see four automatically make their way into semis by default but IMO the top three woulda made their way in regardless and we have three more fighting for the last guaranteed spot in semis.  These four stick out for me:

Spartans show is a blast.  Awesome surrealism theme with a bunch of super spicy music (liked Bluecoats 2016?  There is some Ojos de Brujo in there).  

Southwind’s show is small corps design to a freakin T. Super fun Cowboys of the Sky building New York show.  Would be their first time back in semis since 2005 and all signs are pointing to that happening.  

Columbians are the biggest surprise for me.  They’re BIG AND LOUD. SUPER exciting show that hits hard.  Making semis on their first ever trip to Indy would be epic.  

Your four predictions for OC corps moving to semi’s are mine as well. I have yet to see Columbians so I’m basing it on scores alone. I did see Spartans early in the season and at their home show. What a show. There has been speculation Gold will move to WC in either 2024 or 25 and I wonder if they’re coming as far East as New Hampshire this year was testing the waters for a fuller national tour. Southwind was in the New Hampshire show and while they still had work to do, you could see the potential. Judging from the prelims scores they did the work.

15 minutes ago, Tim K said:

We may moan, groan, and complain about Lucas Oil Stadium, lines, not enough open concession stands, but the show itself never disappoints. I’m one who is in my seat for the first corps and doesn’t miss any competitors. 

You know, I just don’t quite get it. I have yet to have a line problem at Lucas Oil 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

You know, I just don’t quite get it. I have yet to have a line problem at Lucas Oil 

You’re very fortunate. Last year was the only year I had to wait to get in to finals, but the wait was 90 minutes. Don’t forget, they started the show later due to the lines. The concession lines are problematic. I do have a heart issue/blood sugar issue and as luck would have it, I had issues while waiting in line at semi’s. Someone grabbed an orange juice that was on display and I was able to sit down. Someone held my place in line, but again it was an hour wait. I’m thinking it will not be an issue this year, but it was for me and many others last year.

23 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

Southwind’s show is small corps design to a freakin T. Super fun Cowboys of the Sky building New York show.  Would be their first time back in semis since 2005 and all signs are pointing to that happening. By the way, to make your psychology homework done in time, use this service.

hey, i'm new to this forum, want to be sure that i understood right. when you mentioned Spartans, you meant Spartns from New Hampshire?

Edited by ashro20

I’m SO bummed that Flo isn’t streaming Thursday night. To me that is going to be the most exciting night, unless those 4 are all within tenths of each other, than Saturday will be. I’m oozing with anticipation over what is going to happen.