DCI Prelims - Big, Loud, and Live - August 10th, 2023

11 minutes ago, MingoLeger said:

Oops, I posted a thread for this. Sorry if I wasn't supposed to do that. I've been a "lurker" here for at least a decade but still don't know what's OK to do and not do. Which is why I don't post much.

Nah you’re good! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MingoLeger said:

Oops, I posted a thread for this. Sorry if I wasn't supposed to do that. I've been a "lurker" here for at least a decade but still don't know what's OK to do and not do. Which is why I don't post much.

I appreciate you putting it in a separate thread.

Edited by Time Will Tell
terminology
  • Like 1

I am doing, “Corpsenheimer” . ( Also known as “ a lot of sitting in one day : )

Worked out well as  I am finally able to get in on an IMAX matinee screening of Oppenheimer. (IMAX showings for this film have been hard to come by in not being sold out on weekends). So, thought I would take the plunge today. After that, a quick bite to eat and onto Big, Loud, and Live. 

26 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I seem to remember first season in Indy acoustics were terrible; the back curtain helped fix it.  

One or two years ago, I noticed there was a horrible, delayed echo, in the stadium, with the curtain, and some of the performing corps members even said they thought they were playing too early.

Cute salute for the Guardians.

1 minute ago, Dmlkmen said:

I am doing, “Corpsenheimer” . ( Also known as “ a lot of sitting in one day : )

Worked out well as  I am finally able to get in on an IMAX matinee screening of Oppenheimer. (IMAX showings for this film have been hard to come by in not being sold out on weekends). So, thought I would take the plunge today. After that, a quick bite to eat and onto Big, Loud, and Live. 

Oppenheimer: the original Big Loud and Live

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DrearyWeary said:

What is the cheapest way to watch if I will only be doing it as a one-off?  Pay for a monthly "subscription" and cancel it next week?

Yes... And it's a rolling month, so next year, subscribe well before San Antonio so you can you get the best 4 weekends of the season and then cancel it Sunday after Finals. 

• Like 1