Did someone STEEL the Pittsburgh show thread?

It was a great show tonight. I had pretty good seats and did take some photos of all the corps. I will post more tomorrow. 

I loved everyone and had a blast with the exception of parking and waiting for the buses to shuttle fans to the stadium.

The stadium is wonderful for drum corps, but the H.S. is a logistical nightmare. It sits on a hillside. There are 3 skinny roads that take you up the hill. The main 2 were closed by police and only let the corps or souvie vehicles in. The back entrance is where the buses shuttled the fans. We had to park at a car dealership down the street or at one of two churches. Then we got the shuttles. Some fans did manage to park in some back neighborhoods or at other closed businesses down the hill. 

As for the corps themselves there was not a bad show in the bunch. Cascades are young but I love the show and their music. You can tell they are young, and one of the mello players looked 12 or 13 and I was cheering for that kid by the end. They marched their tail-end off. 

I loved Spirit of Atlanta. This show in person is a delight. Brass is really good. Guard was awesome and so were drums. I love their music and the sound effects and staging are very strong. Seeing them live is sooooo different from on Flo. Frankly this was the case with everyone. It was nice to see and hear LIVE drum corps. It is so different. 

Blue Knights are very good and I like their show more visually than musically. Parts of the show just need more focus but they really use the field. 

I really really LOVED the Cavaliers tonight. Seeing them live is so different. They sounded warm and beautiful tonight and also powerful when needed. Guard was great. Percussion just absolutely put on a CLINIC!!! I mean, they beat Crown by .250 (and Crown was really in top form tonight), and they beat Blue Devils by .6 in percussion. Unreal. The ending is coming around. Pacing seems better. I think the 3rd section of the show (right before the percussion feature) is over-arranged and lacks focus. Everything else seems to be locking in. I really thought they marched well. 

Carolina Crown lit-up the crowd. Brass is unreal. Flawless almost. Percussion had a strong night. Guard was crazy good. Visual proficiency is looking good. GE is also getting there. Seeing this show live was great. They can challenge for sure. It's an exceptional show. 

My first time seeing Blue Devils live since 2016. I loved it. Visually they are just so masterful to watch. I love the music book and the dynamic contrast they play with is wonderful. From a Flo perspective you don't always catch the little things, but I could hear them tonight. A few rifle drops and 1 big sword drop. They stand out so much in part because the rest of their show is sooooooo CLEAN. Overall their guard just captivates and helps to focus the show. They are amazing. Their attention to detail in the body is one of the things that usually separates them from others. I did think Carolina was close to that tonight. Fabulous show by BD. 

Placements were about what I had. I did have Spirit over BK

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

2 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

There is a door open to a non BD-champion.   Might not be open far,’but it is open.  

Yeah. I might be slow to get things sometimes, but I think those that saying this might be a four way race might be right. We’ll know for sure on Thursday. How exciting would that be?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vuitton said:

Yeah. I might be slow to get things sometimes, but I think those that saying this might be a four way race might be right. We’ll know for sure on Thursday. How exciting would that be?

4 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

There is a door open to a non BD-champion.   Might not be open far,’but it is open.  

I see two open doors. Percussion and Visual Proficiency. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jplan72 said:

My 1 cent view from low side 2 of the 46 yd line for first and only live read of the year.

Logistics 

Biggest crowd in years, if not in the history of the show.

Blue Devils didn't have an off night by any means but some noticeable things uncharacteristic of them almost from the start of the weapon solo at the top.The diversity of color In their uniforms really brought out parts of the show live. The drumset player and guitarist were a hoot but seemed off but maybe the groove was off due to mic delay. Thank you Tubas for your jazz feature! Both Sides now went great. I couldn't get the Trumpet soloist high note but boy was it up there 

OH Ghostbusters theme tonight from the Pit before step off.

Crown's integration of their strengths in bras and visual were evident all through their show where it seemed more aggressive in years past. 

Crownbrass delivered and while there was a little mic issue here and there their chamber groups were stellar and then they hit you with a ton of notes!

Crownguard looked to have an okay run from these uneducated eyes but some shaky parts. The Crown set off a big reaction from the crowd.

I liked Crowndrums show tonight. From where I sat you did get some of their exposed parts but you also don't notice them during parts of the show.

The Cavaliers have a great show. It doesn't have enough wows of those in their grouping but seeing and hearing the all the throwbacks felt and sounded so great. That drumline came to play and they move so well. 

Blue Knights had a better shown here than what I saw on flo tbh. The members sell their show from the very beginning standing on their props in character. The show did have that BK style you come to expect over the years and guard's roping around was noteworthy as well as the percussion feature with the effects on their props.

It was to see Spirit back with a good show showcasing every section. I was paying the most attention to the hornline here and enjoyed what they performed.

I missed Seattle as i got in late witnesseing the bottleneck of them and Blue Knights going down the ramp to the field. 

The stadium sits at the bottom of hill which makes you say a prayer for the Pit and prop crews having to go up and down the fairly long and steep hill into the lots. 

I still can't believe how much is missed watching these shows live and all were very entertaining.

Should make for a great finals weekend.

7 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

It was a great show tonight. I had pretty good seats and did take some photos of all the corps. I will post more tomorrow. 

I loved everyone and had a blast with the exception of parking and waiting for the buses to shuttle fans to the stadium.

The stadium is wonderful for drum corps, but the H.S. is a logistical nightmare. It sits on a hillside. There are 3 skinny roads that take you up the hill. The main 2 were closed by police and only let the corps or souvie vehicles in. The back entrance is where the buses shuttled the fans. We had to park at a car dealership down the street or at one of two churches. Then we got the shuttles. Some fans did manage to park in some back neighborhoods or at other closed businesses down the hill. 

As for the corps themselves there was not a bad show in the bunch. Cascades are young but I love the show and their music. You can tell they are young, and one of the mello players looked 12 or 13 and I was cheering for that kid by the end. They marched their tail-end off. 

I loved Spirit of Atlanta. This show in person is a delight. Brass is really good. Guard was awesome and so were drums. I love their music and the sound effects and staging are very strong. Seeing them live is sooooo different from on Flo. Frankly this was the case with everyone. It was nice to see and hear LIVE drum corps. It is so different. 

Blue Knights are very good and I like their show more visually than musically. Parts of the show just need more focus but they really use the field. 

I really really LOVED the Cavaliers tonight. Seeing them live is so different. They sounded warm and beautiful tonight and also powerful when needed. Guard was great. Percussion just absolutely put on a CLINIC!!! I mean, they beat Crown by .250 (and Crown was really in top form tonight), and they beat Blue Devils by .6 in percussion. Unreal. The ending is coming around. Pacing seems better. I think the 3rd section of the show (right before the percussion feature) is over-arranged and lacks focus. Everything else seems to be locking in. I really thought they marched well. 

Carolina Crown lit-up the crowd. Brass is unreal. Flawless almost. Percussion had a strong night. Guard was crazy good. Visual proficiency is looking good. GE is also getting there. Seeing this show live was great. They can challenge for sure. It's an exceptional show. 

My first time seeing Blue Devils live since 2016. I loved it. Visually they are just so masterful to watch. I love the music book and the dynamic contrast they play with is wonderful. From a Flo perspective you don't always catch the little things, but I could hear them tonight. A few rifle drops and 1 big sword drop. They stand out so much in part because the rest of their show is sooooooo CLEAN. Overall their guard just captivates and helps to focus the show. They are amazing. Their attention to detail in the body is one of the things that usually separates them from others. I did think Carolina was close to that tonight. Fabulous show by BD. 

Placements were about what I had. I did have Spirit over BK

This show has always been a logistical nightmare. Never enough parking, the busses traveling around to pick up fans from lord knows what parking lots. And the hills are no fun either. 

4 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

Too bad the other corps didn't wait until Indy Semi-Finals to showcase their threats.  Now BD has time to acknowledge and correct the closeness of the race.

I can't imagine BD MMs and Staff not being extra motivated to widen the gap, after going most of the season likely thinking they are untouchable.

On the other hand, imagine the MMs from the 3 other corps locking in during this upcoming week, after realizing they may in fact have a chance at a Championship (first time ever for BAC, if I'm not mistaken).

Who is the biggest winner of this final week's push?  The fans, who will see some super clean and energetic shows which result from the extra attention during this week's rehearsals.

There likely isn't much goofing off during rehearsals by MMS anyway, particularly at the top levels, but I can't imagine anyone not being super attentive and dashing to reset forms this week.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

This show has always been a logistical nightmare. Never enough parking, the busses traveling around to pick up fans from lord knows what parking lots. And the hills are no fun either. 

Getting TO the stadium via shuttle is bad enough, but at least fans arrive at somewhat staggered times.  I can't imagine it being fun LEAVING the stadium.

But, given the supposed historical attendance, it obviously doesn't impact attendance much....similar to Allentown, for which I was not able to find a ticket other than General Admission.