Why were the Blue Devils NOT penalized for playing in the "no play zone" ?

Why were the Blue Devils NOT penalized for playing in the "no play zone"  during Carolina Crown's and The Cavaliers performances?

That Blue Devils warm-up crap was very audible in the audience.

Edited by larry333
edit

6 minutes ago, hardcorpscadets said:

Clearly way too close the performance location.  The chief judge should have shut them down.

There was nothing they could do. See my post above. 

2 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

If you are talking about the Pittsburgh show tonight I will explain. 

1. I was there tonight and because of many factors the parking was crazy. Most of the corps were locked into a small area and there was no room for them to move various sections to appropriate warm-up areas. For BD they got stuck in a small lot to one side of the stadium where the other corps were up the hill or far down the street. There simply were no other places to go. 

2. So I do know that DCI did their best to have people communicating with the corps. BD was doing their best to only warm up when a corps finished and while the next corps was setting up. I think for the most part the team on hand did a good job with the communication, but there were two small moments when BD's brass cut through. For about 5 or 6 seconds at the onset of Cavaliers show and an even smaller few seconds into Carolina's. 

3. It was wild tonight because even the fans could not park at the H.S. We had to park down the street at a car dealership or one of two churches. They then provided school buses that picked up the fans and shuttled us to the stadium. It was a zoo. 

So yes, BD had a really bad spot being closest to the stadium and essentially had very little warm-up time they could use. There was just no where they could take the brass or percussion. None of the corps could really move anywhere for warm-ups other than guard who did have a field behind the stadium. DCI realized this and knew there would be some bleed-over with warm-ups. They did their best to communicate and because none of this was the fault of the corps - especially BD who had no where to go and were confined to a small parking lot south of the H.S. and directly to the side of the stadium -- I believe penalties for this sort of thing were waived for tonight. 

This show was always a logistical nightmare. Simply not enough parking for anyone and the hills are horrendous. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lawdn said:

I appreciate you sharing this. Hopefully it will help keep the temperature down.

BD haters: “This proves that BD are the personification of evil and will break every rule and violate every norm to gain a competitive advantage, and they never pay a price because of the favoritism the judges show them, not surprising because they’re on BD’s payroll.”

Concord is geographically close to Oakland, so maybe this is a good time to trot out analogies of BD to the Raiders: yeah, they're evil & yeah, Al Davis will tell them "Rule #1 is cheating is encouraged, Rule #2 is don't get caught & Rule #3 is Just Win Baby." [That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.]

• Haha 1