Wow, no one wants to discuss VANGUARD?

To put this on the correct discussion-

IDK what to believe concerning SCV financial situation as there are multiple conflicting posts out there.  

What I firmly believe is that until SCV can demonstrate compliance w/ all IRS & State of California rules & regulations concerning non-profit corporations (including Bingo regulations) DCI should not allow them to join the DCI tour. 

If this means no 2024 tour, so be it.  

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

IDK what to believe concerning SCV financial situation as there are multiple conflicting posts out there. 

What I firmly believe is that until SCV can demonstrate compliance w/ all IRS & State of California rules & regulations concerning non-profit corporations (including Bingo regulations) DCI should not allow them to join the DCI tour.

Some alum/stakeholders are understandably willing to trust admin when they say all appropriate paperwork has been submitted to the state to relieve noncompliance status. They're just waiting for the state. Doing so reinforces their hope for a 2024 season. I get it. I want them to be in compliance too.

VMAPA was saying this about the paperwork in April though. And yet, again, Mandies and BD are both in full compliance. Even if VMAPA gets into compliance, I still want to see tax records for myself. Some of the most recent paperwork in the public charity registry, which had to be re-filed, indicated embezzlement/fraud/theft. As a stakeholder, I have questions about that.

Other alum/stakeholders do not have that trust and are waiting for the state regulators to affirm compliance. I fall in this category because the noncompliance and the justification for not touring in 2023 (financial) occurred under the same leadership. And that leadership has not changed substantially enough to begin to reestablish my trust.

Still, no one has adequately addressed my whistleblowing concerns regarding member safety, which should be equally as concerning. Arguably moreso. That is, of course, if it is to believed that we aren't lying, I suppose. I don't expect the claims to be acknowledged because the org won't risk commenting on what it doesn't know. Simultaneously, my list of reporters will also not suddenly muster the brazen/self-destructive courage it takes to step forward. We are stuck between a hard rock and a place. 

Edit to add: I see how the aforementioned filing could refer to the theft that occurred at the corps hall around that period. Great if that's all it was. But the same filing also first indicates that they had conducted an independent audit, crossed that out, and then indicates that they hadn't. Any reasonable stakeholder might have questions about that. Numbers between the first filing and its followup RRF 1 refiling are also different.

Edited by scheherazadesghost
typo
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Some of the most recent paperwork in the public charity registry, which had to be re-filed, indicated embezzlement/fraud/theft. 

Those are some serious accusations.  Where are you seeing this?

1 minute ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Those are some serious accusations.  Where are you seeing this?

Man, we gotta clear up what's an accusation and what isn't. This is public information that most people here aren't willing to dig around for. As a stakeholder, I am, and have been trying to ring everyone's bell for months now but no one's listening.

Here (https://postimg.cc/fkxsnBTT) is a copy of the publicly available document with personal information removed. It's the first Form RRF 1 listed for 2019, publicly available here (https://rct.doj.ca.gov/Verification/Web/Search.aspx?facility=Y). It is the same link I've been posting for months now, no changes.

I added to my original comment above for clarification.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Some alum/stakeholders are understandably willing to trust admin when they say all appropriate paperwork has been submitted to the state to relieve noncompliance status. They're just waiting for the state. Doing so reinforces their hope for a 2024 season. I get it. I want them to be in compliance too.

VMAPA was saying this about the paperwork in April though. And yet, again, Mandies and BD are both in full compliance. Even if VMAPA gets into compliance, I still want to see tax records for myself. Some of the most recent paperwork in the public charity registry, which had to be re-filed, indicated embezzlement/fraud/theft. As a stakeholder, I have questions about that.

Other alum/stakeholders do not have that trust and are waiting for the state regulators to affirm compliance. I fall in this category because the noncompliance and the justification for not touring in 2023 (financial) occurred under the same leadership. And that leadership has not changed substantially enough to begin to reestablish my trust.

Still, no one has adequately addressed my whistleblowing concerns regarding member safety, which should be equally as concerning. Arguably moreso. That is, of course, if it is to believed that we aren't lying, I suppose. I don't expect the claims to be acknowledged because the org won't risk commenting on what it doesn't know. Simultaneously, my list of reporters will also not suddenly muster the brazen/self-destructive courage it takes to step forward. We are stuck between a hard rock and a place. 

Edit to add: I see how the aforementioned filing could refer to the theft that occurred at the corps hall around that period. Great if that's all it was. But the same filing also first indicates that they had conducted an independent audit, crossed that out, and then indicates that they hadn't. Any reasonable stakeholder might have questions about that. Numbers between the first filing and its followup RRF 1 refiling are also different.

To borrow from a former Governor of California 

48 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

First of all, I want nothing but success for SCV.  Loved the corps since my first experience in '79 in Birmingham on a HS band trip.  (Thank you to my high band director)  But I'm directing this @DSpruce:

I was going to make a monetary donation earlier this year in honor of my fraternity brothers who march SCV in the 80s.  Then all of this info came to light.  One example, I signed up for their newsletter.  Sometime in the Spring, they stated on Facebook that all debts had been paid off.  That post wasn't a true statement.  Then in their next to most recent newsletter, they stated that all debt had been paid in full except for some COVID funding that they were seeking forgiveness.  

I just don't think they've been totally honest in their public statements.  Also, stating they would have a CEO in place by mid to late March?  Six months later, no now has filled the position.  Red flag?  Their entire PR campaign has been a disaster.       

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

First of all, I want nothing but success for SCV.  Loved the corps since my first experience in '79 in Birmingham on a HS band trip.  (Thank you to my high band director)  But I'm directing this @DSpruce:

I was going to make a monetary donation earlier this year in honor of my fraternity brothers who march SCV in the 80s.  Then all of this info came to light.  One example, I signed up for their newsletter.  Sometime in the Spring, they stated on Facebook that all debts had been paid off.  That post wasn't a true statement.  Then in their next to most recent newsletter, they stated that all debt had been paid in full except for some COVID funding that they were seeking forgiveness.  

I just don't think they've been totally honest in their public statements.  Also, stating they would have a CEO in place by mid to late March?  Six months later, no now has filled the position.  Red flag?  Their entire PR campaign has been a disaster.       

Hi - I believe you and that is sad. Do you have a question for me? I'm a volunteer, I don't like it when the corps is just dumped on all the time, sometimes I share things that I am aware of from being engaged, that's pretty much it.