DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS SEMIFINALS

1 minute ago, ediblewaffles said:

I think he saw a chapel in the midst, although I am not certain 

Have some more absinthe.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

It's not the percussion feature. I don't know what it is. I just think the opener is so fantastic and On the Waterfront to the end is absolutely brilliant. Maybe that's why. I don't know. Most years I am not a fan of ballads, but this year is different. I'm confused, if you can't tell. 

I think I’m with you. That percussion feature is nuts, but the mish-mash of tunes that follows just kinda leaves me… lost? I’m not sure where I’m supposed to be taken musically

Edited by t.a.r.b.

1 minute ago, KPinCAL said:

I’ve been thinking about that as well- same thought.  But how does BD do it? They are basically like a snow globe- shake it up- all the same stuff when the snow settles-just packed differently.  It’s their system and it works for them. If that makes any sense…

I’ve been weary of BD shows in the past, too. (Love the last few years.) Just one of those personal preference things. I also don’t like strawberry ice cream.

• Haha 1

Rumor is the delay was caused by a DCI generator shutting itself down due to some kind of overheating so that wouldn't be a baby powder moment...we hope.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KPinCAL said:

I’ve been thinking about that as well- same thought.  But how does BD do it? They are basically like a snow globe- shake it up- all the same stuff when the snow settles-just packed differently.  It’s their system and it works for them. If that makes any sense…

Dang, you don't like Mandarins or Bluecoats? You have really bad taste in drum corps shows. 😂

I'm kidding, obviously... kinda... 

I’ve grown to love so much about this show. It’s funky, delicate at times, and edgy at the same time. It’s a visual smorgasbord. 

• Like 2

Just now, craiga said:

Rumor is the delay was caused by a DCI generator shutting itself down due to some kind of overheating so that wouldn't be a baby powder moment...we hope.

I bet it was an over heated leaf blower 

• Haha 5

Just now, mjoakes said:

I also don’t like strawberry ice cream.

You monster 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, t.a.r.b. said:

I think I’m with you. That percussion feature is nuts, but the mish-mash of tunes that follows just kinda leaves me… lost? I’m not sure where I’m supposed to be taken musically

It's not the percussion feature. It's from the end of the opener to the start of On The Waterfront. The percussion feature, the drunken song, everything in that section. For me, nothing compelling happens for 1/3 of the show. But the other 2/3's of the show are fantastic enough to make it one of my favorites of the season. 

• Like 1

Bloo….. my heart 💙💙💙 heaven