Dci fans should be ashamed of themselves

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

I wasn’t there, I get feeling that way if you are a hard core BD fan as you are. But when did BD care about fan reaction? Never. So why be angry if fans don’t feel it? Do something new that connects with fans. Change the game up. 

Why do you think people scream their heads off for Bluecoats? They take risks. They do their thing to connect with the crowd. They are innovative, they are always reaching for new ways to entertain. People respect that risk taking, they love it when groups do something new and interesting.

People have been screaming their heads off for Bloo for decades....long before they broke into Top 5.  Some shows/corps elicit an emotional reaction, while others are appreciated but not openly acknowledged as being great.

Some shows are more conducive to crowd excitement.

Even in the theater for Prelims, when Cadets showed some spark and elements that reminded me of the glory days, I wanted to jump out of my seat...and that wasn't even in person.

2 minutes ago, 90svet said:

People have been screaming their heads off for Bloo for decades....long before they broke into Top 5.  Some shows/corps elicit an emotional reaction, while others are appreciated but not openly acknowledged as being great.

Some shows are more conducive to crowd excitement.

Even in the theater for Prelims, when Cadets showed some spark and elements that reminded me of the glory days, I wanted to jump out of my seat...and that wasn't even in person.

TBH no hate on the Coats but my partner and I almost fell asleep during parts of their show tonight. Maybe we were sitting too high up at 641. Maybe we were just high as the show designers were.

• Haha 4

They've been getting big ovations as far as I have seen this year so it seems odd that they would not at semifinals.  Personally, it is a favorite for me and the ballad is my favorite moment of the year.  

Not all shows end in the same way and some more naturally call for an ovation than others.  The ballad does not really end in a way that applause feels appropriate.  And to me the show ends on a bit of a strange note where where I can't tell for sure it is the ending, so that may have something to do with it.  

• Like 5

Why is it rude if audience members express different levels of enthusiasm? If I distract you during a performance by talking, arriving late, (or being the guy who yells, "They're always ready!"), that's rude. I reserve standing ovations for authentic expressions of enthusiastic appreciation, not mandatory superficial courtesy rituals.

My more common experience at quarter/semi-finals has been fans of higher-placing corps not giving lower-placing corps standing ovations. I'm referring to those who only arrive when the higher-placing groups (or their favorite) take the field. Is that rude? Or do they have the right to be in the lot or elsewhere?

For BD members, I'm confident the percentage of audience members who were on their feet at semi-finals will be a non-issue as they enjoy the many thousands who will be applauding as they receive their gold medals Saturday night.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I remember tepid response in 2010. The show was great - but super weird. Who cares? It won. 

• Like 1

"It's not enough that they win I need YOU, PERSONALLY to like it too."

Like. Come on man lol.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

Change the year to 1993, substitute " Star of Indiana " for " BD " on this thread topic, and its pretty much identical.

I understand where you're coming from..The only difference is, as has been stated, BD's formula for success has been around for years now whereas STAR left me saying " What the hell did I just see?...But by finals, it was clear that they were on a whole different level and I loved it

• Like 1

7 hours ago, resipsaloquitur said:

Yea BD really should change it up for the sake of changing it up so they don't win. Sour grapes. Meh.

Or they change it up and win again.

7 hours ago, resipsaloquitur said:

TBH no hate on the Coats but my partner and I almost fell asleep during parts of their show tonight. Maybe we were sitting too high up at 641. Maybe we were just high as the show designers were.

I’ve said this many times, I am a huge BC fan but this is not my favorite show of theirs, or even of this season. But I do respect how they approach show concept and design, especially GE, brass arrangements and costuming.