2023 DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS

13 minutes ago, Bruckner8 said:

Cuz the brass judge had the easiest job of the evening. All he had to do was understand all if the following:

1) Crown was going to win brass, no matter what

2) BD was going to win the championship, no matter what, no harm in putting them second

3) everyone else may as well be in their performance slot

easy peasy. No drama. Bloo had to be third cuz of 1) and 2) though. 

Except the Troopers beat the Colts in brass, but I’m sure there’s a simple Illuminati rule to explain that too.

Forces before Horses?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

Making top 4 today is an enormous feat. They all deserve medals IMO.

Because the top corps are so phemoninal, I'd like to see the traditional system to determine Gold scrapped. 

Instead the top scoring corps is declared first overall.  Any corps scoring within 10% of the winner is Gold.  15% is Silver, 20% is a Bronze medal.

This system is used on the world stage with the FIM  International Six Days Enduro, the toughest cross country race in the world where surviving with your body and bike intact is the goal for most normal pros. To earn a medal is a cherished lifelong achievement.

I've brought this up in the past.  NOBODY but me likes this idea.  😢

Edited by wvu80

6 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Because the top corps are so phemoninal, I'd like to see the traditional system to determine Gold scrapped. 

Instead the top scoring corps is declared first overall.  Any corps scoring within 10% of the winner is Gold.  15% is Silver, 20% is a Bronze medal.

This system is used on the world stage with the International Six Days Enduro, the toughest cross country race in the world where surviving with your body and bike, not medaling is the goal for most normal pros. 

I've brought this up in the past.  NOBODY but me likes this idea.  😢

I'll do you one better.

Scrap the competition and share the take home winnings evenly. Or, heresy, base it on who traveled the furthest to get there.

Literally nobody here wants that except me, pretty sure. It's the hill I'll die on though.

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

Change BD to 1998 and you and are on the same page with all others.

You're saying Blue Devils hasn't been anybody's favorite show since the last century?!  😵

That's rough, bro.  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Kevin is ahead of my Flo stream....it's spoilering! 

What the heck is a Timeout message on Flo? Stops the stream.  It happened a couple times last night. Middle of Bloo, and couldn’t get the stream back. I changed tvs really quick but missed the rest of that show. Never hear back from Flo. 😡

Takeaways from last night:

-The Troopers ending on the ground with the saber worked better than the lever machine anyway

-THE STICK WORK IN CAVIES

-I finally figured out that, much like BD 2000 is the show Blue Stars should've done in 2011 and Crown 2015 is a mid-90s Phantom show, Sinnerman is the show Bluecoats could've done between Jagged Line and Session 44. This is not at all a bad thing and if Mandarins keep in that vein I am here for it.

-Boston finally fixed the ending! It was so much better that way.

-Also, I think I realized that Boston kinda takes turns doing "Boston" shows (White Whale, the first half of SOS, I think Zoom but I never had a good sense of that show) and "Crusader" shows (the second half of SOS, Goliath, Paradise Lost). Wicked Games is both in this paradigm.

-It was nice to see as many corps have their best run on Finals night as happened last night.

Edited by ftwdrummer
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

You're saying Blue Devils hasn't been anybody's favorite show since the last century?!  😵

That's rough, bro.  🤣

No, 2023 BD is my favorite BD show since 1998.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

I'll do you one better.

Scrap the competition and share the take home winnings evenly. Or, heresy, base it on who traveled the furthest to get there.

Literally nobody here wants that except me, pretty sure. It's the hill I'll die on though.

Well, you and I like this idea. 

I didn't enjoy 2021 any less than any other year because it wasn't judged.