I Don’t Speak French or ..,

I don’t speak French or whatever that language is that is in the narration that the Blue Devils are using. But I would sure like to know what they’re saying in English? And how does it fit into the show? Does anyone know?

Thanks so much for the explanation.  Sometimes I wish some of these shows came with cliff notes, so I could fully enjoy the craftsmanship of the total design of these programs.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, RBarron10 said:

Thanks so much for the explanation.  Sometimes I wish some of these shows came with cliff notes, so I could fully enjoy the craftsmanship of the total design of these programs.

This desire to want to learn more about the theme, I believe, is the reason why BD and many other corps pick show themes that may seem too abstract at first but in reality it’s just a subject matter we don’t know about yet. 

• Like 3

Matisse during WW2 is a somewhat problematic individual- he stayed in Vichy France, and after signing a Nazi ‘Aryan Status Oath’ was allowed to continue to work. 

His (estranged) wife, son, and daughter assisted the Resistance; his daughter was captured & tortured by the Gestapo.  She was sent to a concentration camp but managed to escape and survived the war.  

• Like 3

I’m sure the marching members and folks from Les Stentors understood it very well! 🙂

• Like 4

I love the idea behind this- at first it looks like just another fun "art show", but actually has deep and disturbing undertones.