The Staff Merry-go-round

On 8/14/2023 at 2:01 PM, ContraFart said:

Also if you look at BD, besides Chandler, Johnson and Glyde, everyone else in high positions have not been in those positions very long.

No....but those up and comers have been in the ORG a long time...makes a big difference.

Sometimes fresh blood CAN make an immediate impact -- witness BAC after Gino Cipriani, Steve Bentley (people always forget Steve), and Colin McNutt moved to them.

However, BAC is - to me - an outlier of a corps finding the magic formula all at once.   They're a unicorn.  A long-term staff that works together -- BD being the poster child, but I think Bloo is getting there...possibly Crown as well -- is a key factor.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, copyright said:

Also going on last every night.

all of the above allow this to happen

23 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Finals night should be like boa top/bottom 6 randomized so judges don't know which is in which spot. 

doesn't matter. they can hold numbers and adjust if need be

• Like 3

23 hours ago, fighterkit said:

With Ryan Williams out

oh thats a surprise.

28 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

oh thats a surprise.

Iirc he’s been out since around San Antonio

On 8/13/2023 at 10:26 AM, CAtenhut said:

Cavies issue this year, and last, has been show design. That show design was not at the same level of the corps ahead of them. To move up, they need to step that up a notch.

but I hope they keep what made them feel more like the Cavies this year.  I felt the previous few years they had lost that Cavieness and this year got it back.  They need to do what they do best and be the Cavaliers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluecoats88 said:

but I hope they keep what made them feel more like the Cavies this year.  I felt the previous few years they had lost that Cavieness and this year got it back.  They need to do what they do best and be the Cavaliers.

This was expressed by the staff to the students (almost word-for-word) at the banquet.  

• Like 4

10 hours ago, fighterkit said:

Iirc he’s been out since around San Antonio

ah. ok then

15 minutes ago, arabica said:

Really quiet in the known "free agents" so far this year. Does that mean everyone is just keeping tighter lips than usual, or that corps are hedging their bets with the teams they already have?

Not much movement should be expected. There were a number of big name changes last year and almost all of them seem to have worked out well for the orgs who made them. Maybe a few names that have been out of the game for a year or two popping back up, but haven't heard word of any major names hanging up their spurs.