The Staff Merry-go-round

7 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I for one want to be sure that they are meeting (and in good standing with) CA & IRS non-profit legal requirements, as well as putting in place a system to prevent member abuse.  

Posting a transparent audit by a certified third party CPA firm wouldn’t be a bad idea either.  

My understanding per the 09/09/2021 California DOJ delinquency notice is that financials audited by an independent qualified CPA will be required to return to good standing as a nonprofit.

Edited by lawdn
Information source added
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mr_Moto said:

Ah, got it. I had not seen the caption supervisor announcement.

Is there an announcement on cap sups and heads? 

6 hours ago, mcjordansc said:

From the book of Ezekiel: The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, or in this case, the daughter.  

I was actually thinking of someone else . But money supposedly became a sticking point so that person is not going there heard earlier today . It seems like they will have a capable staff , although the caption heads are key . SCV had way too many on their staff  in recent years  ( imo ) , so they need to be more reasonable and cautious now , and I get that .

1 hour ago, lawdn said:

My understanding per the 09/09/2021 California DOJ delinquency notice is that financials audited by an independent qualified CPA will be required to return to good standing as a nonprofit.

Ok that was 2 years ago.  Considering that there is a second notification that CA DOJ sent & posted a few weeks ago it would seem that in 2022 they were not operating properly as a non profit.  

Just now, IllianaLancerContra said:

Ok that was 2 years ago.  Considering that there is a second notification that CA DOJ sent & posted a few weeks ago it would seem that in 2022 they were not operating properly as a non profit.  

Nothing in the 2nd notice indicates that requirement has been fulfilled or otherwise no longer applies. It requests filing of IRS Form 990 but it does not expressly say anything about audited financials. No expert here, but cursory research suggests Form 990 does not require audited financials, only a statement as to whether financials were compiled and reviewed by an independent accountant. I am so far in the weeds now.

From what I can ascertain, Bloo’s creative team is in place and has begun work on 2024. All the major caption heads are still on board. No major shake-ups or defections. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

that was for 2019

20 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Good point.   Bottom line is that they need to be operating legally as a nonprofit 

Are DCI corps actually required to be a non-profit?  Lots of independent WGI groups are not although I know that’s not the same.